PDA

View Full Version : Kick the Tyres BBQ II

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th April 2005, 01:07
Sausage up your tailpipe sir? Oooh I say!

Last year I hosted a BBQ at my place - which is in Northfield, Birmingham. A silly name when you consider it is in the SW corner of the city?? Much fun was had so I have decided that it would be fab to have another one! Yay
:thewave:

I am looking at Saturday June 11th and praying for good weather, lots of good company and obviously loads of Volvos. If anyone has great objections to this date, I can be reasonably flexible (even at my age). If you object to anything else then that's your problem.

All the food and drink will be provided, free of charge.

People quite enjoyed my cooking. Whether you enjoy my company is anyones guess and my driving, well you only have to ask.

Any road. Wobbly Dave's Delcious BBQ and Volvo bonanza is but months away. I would like indication of the numbers please to allow for catering.

I talked this through with Justin and we both agree that voluntary contributions towards the cost (£5 max) would be most welcome.

Anyone in any doubt as to how much fun can be had with a car park full of Volvo nutters, going "ooh look at this!", whilst munching on BBQ burgers should look at this...

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/volvogallery/thumbnails.php?album=64

splatt
Monday 4th April 2005, 01:23
never been that far for a BBQ...am about up for it though....just have to get the time off work...me, the wife and the little un (4 years)...any good accomodation? where u r...guess there is but it must be really good, no grubby little surprises...(like my luxury I do)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th April 2005, 01:30
Last year people came from as far as East Sussex and Kent.

There are limited places to stay with West Midlands based members. You are welcome at many of the most luxourious establishments such as my sofa, my spare room and Justin's house. I am certain (not yet confirmed) there are other member's who will help out.

Last year many stayed at local B&Bs and hotels.

splatt
Monday 4th April 2005, 01:41
pencikllesd in...that shoul read pencilled jin...farrrr to mutch beer....FFS...try again...pencilled in, too mutch beer want to be there....ffs! that took me ages!....

siamblue
Monday 4th April 2005, 01:41
Hi Dave,Can you put me down for this please.Its a day before my birthday too :beer:

Justin
Monday 4th April 2005, 08:33
Sausage up your tailpipe sir? Oooh I say!

I can be reasonably flexible (even at my age). Wobbly mate, not flexible :B_rotfl:

Anyroad...last years was incredible, food was superb (except the mushrooms lol) and the company was too, it carried on well into the night....DO NOT miss this one guys and gals ;)

Mrsmopp
Monday 4th April 2005, 08:43
Since I enjoyed last years so much I have to attend!! Put Steve and i down for it. :thewave:

Tis my birthday 2 days following so Gary and I can use it as a b'day celebration too!!

Really looking forward to it Dave!

x

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th April 2005, 09:39
1. Wobbly Dave (I am hosting it so I'd better be there)
2. Siamblue (B'day cake required)
3. Justin + 1
4. Splatt (despite the affluence of incohol)
5. Moppy + Steve

(total = 7)
I am sure that Pedro will take over responsibility for the list as soon as he can.

Bracer
Monday 4th April 2005, 09:57
Dave put a burger to one side for me please :bitehard3

Mrsmopp
Monday 4th April 2005, 10:05
Dave put a burger to one side for me please :bitehard3

Does that mean you'll be attending??????? :hail:

x

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th April 2005, 10:13
I too am nervous as a Schoolgirl at her Junior Prom. Shall we be seeing the likes up here??? :scared: :ukliam2: :hail:

Bracer
Monday 4th April 2005, 11:30
I will endeavour to do my best :beer:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th April 2005, 11:44
Yay :thewave:

Mrsmopp
Monday 4th April 2005, 12:05
Wooooo Hooooooooooooooooo :banana:

x

Bracer
Monday 4th April 2005, 13:14
Calm down its only a Burger :lol:

Andrew
Monday 4th April 2005, 13:17
Stick me down as a maybe - My sister in law is due to drop a sprog around then.
If she can hold it in I'll be there....

gibbo
Monday 4th April 2005, 13:28
Count me in mate, hopefully i'll have no hospital visits that night LOL

Gibbo

steveT5
Monday 4th April 2005, 13:32
Count me and mrs Steve in please Dave.
Are there camping facilities in your garden Dave ? If so, how much per tent per night ?
Does the price include hot showers ?

Andrew
Monday 4th April 2005, 13:41
Count me and mrs Steve in please Dave.
Are there camping facilities in your garden Dave ? If so, how much per tent per night ?
Does the price include hot showers ?

Now there's a point - how large is the garden - I've a rather grand 3 bedroom tent with a central lounge area that I've hardly used.

DaveS60D5
Monday 4th April 2005, 13:55
I'm there dude! Thanks!

(cool, could stagger home from yours to mine! )

:banana:

Pedro Fandango
Monday 4th April 2005, 14:08
1. Wobbly Dave
2. Siamblue
3. Justin
4. Splatt
5. Moppy
6. Waxworks
7. Bracer
8. Andrew
9. Gibbo
10. steve183737
11. DaveS70R

i'll have to let you know closer to the date mate

madness
Monday 4th April 2005, 14:13
is it an afternoon/ evening thing dave? i will have to work in the morning

Goof
Monday 4th April 2005, 14:30
Pah! - can't make it - we're in California until 18th.
Just to rub it in I'm also missing out on a stag weekend in Bratislava (or wherever..). :(

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th April 2005, 14:46
I am happy for people to start turning up at any time after Midday. The BBQ will probably last most of the late afternoon/early evening. My mate Matt and his Olive Green T5R turned up early from E. Sussex - so we sat, drank tea in the garden, while I frantically cleaned my car.

Most turned up last year around 2-3pm. This gave us time for quick blats around the block, photos opportunities before the serious partying started. People then disappeared to home/hotels around 5 - dropped cars off and got changed. They came back, ate more food and drank more beer.
I am not sure about the plan this year, apart from having fun.

Alas I cannot allow camping in the back garden area - as it is communal and my neighbours would get upset, plus it isn't terribly private. There are a variety of B&B's/Hotels in spitting distance.

I have had 40 odd people in my house before - which is great fun considering it is a ground floor 2 bed maisonette.

It's gonna be a giggle.

mikey
Monday 4th April 2005, 15:07
count me in dave,plus mrs and kids!!

Pedro Fandango
Monday 4th April 2005, 15:18
1. Wobbly Dave
2. Siamblue
3. Justin
4. Splatt
5. Moppy
6. Waxworks
7. Bracer
8. Andrew
9. Gibbo
10. steve183737
11. DaveS70R
12. Mikey

siamblue
Monday 4th April 2005, 17:03
Dave can you put my other half down too please,Her birthday is on the 16th of June so there's 3 of us to celebrate :banana:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th April 2005, 17:14
Pedro can you please include on the list the "plus ones" or a running total of peeps - oh great list master :hail:

mulletboy2
Monday 4th April 2005, 19:12
I'll be up for it, and I'm pretty sure Jen will too. Look forward to it :D

Pedro Fandango
Monday 4th April 2005, 19:23
Pedro can you please include on the list the "plus ones" or a running total of peeps - oh great list master :hail:
i'm sure that wasn't in my job description i deserve a payrise, just on the case now :rolling_e

Pedro Fandango
Monday 4th April 2005, 19:34
1. Wobbly Dave
2. Siamblue & Mrs Siamblue
3. Justin & Kathy
4. Splatt
5. Moppy
6. Waxworks
7. Bracer
8. Andrew
9. Gibbo
10. SteveT5 & Mrs SteveT5
11. DaveS70R
12. Mikey, Mrs Mikey & Kids
12.9 Mulletboy2 & Jen

i've assumed the people who have said they're bringing partners are bringing there wifes, if i've jumped to the wrong conclusion let me know & i'll edit the list to include "bit on the side, mistress, neighbour, someone i've just dragged off the street, hooker" etc

fraz13
Monday 4th April 2005, 19:42
Doubt al be there man :frown:

Dont think a could afford the fuel down 4 weeks after coming down to Stretton Fox :sorry:

GuyD5
Monday 4th April 2005, 19:44
Pedro ... can you put me and the bit on the side that I married 33 years ago on the list please :lovestory :remybussi :D

Thanks mate .... doing a brilliant job as always :)

Pedro Fandango
Monday 4th April 2005, 19:50
1. Wobbly Dave
3. Justin & Kathy
4. Splatt
5. Moppy
6. Waxworks
7. Bracer
8. Andrew
9. Gibbo
11. DaveS70R
12.9 Mulletboy2 & Jen
14. Guy & Pam (bit on the side)

no problem Guy

spesh
Monday 4th April 2005, 21:02
I'd love to come along, but wont be 100% sure till a little bit closer to the date, me and my boyfriend at the mo. cheers

splatt
Monday 4th April 2005, 21:50
mentioned this to the wife today (sober too!) she's well and truly interested..excellent....will sort time off when I can be bothered to go back to work :parhmph:

Matt30462
Monday 4th April 2005, 22:14
My mate Matt and his Olive Green T5R turned up early from E. Sussex - so we sat, drank tea in the garden, while I frantically cleaned my car.

No bloody wonder you were late when you came down to visit me! I,m in Suffolk you DaDa.

I will have come back from Southport the day before, so it's very doubtfull I will either be able to make it or afford another tankfull of Optimax. I will ask the good woman though.

Andrew
Monday 4th April 2005, 22:42
Hey Matt - ltns - let's see you visiting a bit more eh :) and feel free to pop over and admire my new AT cooler (thanks to dave850R)

splatt
Monday 4th April 2005, 22:54
hey, this is not a swingers party is it?

Andrew
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:04

Did anyone mention throwing car keys into a bowl ?

erm I heard thats what they do... erm apparently....

GuyD5
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:13

not a problem to you either way is it? ;)

splatt
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:23
hahahahaha....ouch.....nice response though,,,,look forward to meeting you all,......no swapsies... :haha:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:26
I'm game if you are - LOL

:B_offtopi

GuyD5
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:33
only tried swapsies once ... had to put me foot down when she wanted to accept a broken telly in exchange for me ... she said it'd be less trouble :bricks:

GuyD5
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:34
she was probably right :(

splatt
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:37
I have a feeling that this is going to be a right good night...(not as pi55ed tonight either!!!!) :wave23d:

GuyD5
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:38
it will be a good night .... trust me ;)

splatt
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:54
tell u what...me and the ball and chain will be there....get the out laws to look after the sprog.....this will be good....can I be crude and tell really bad jokes?
Am quite shty really,,,,wont say boo to anyone unless you have a goose....

Andrew
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:56
tell u what...me and the ball and chain will be there....get the out laws to look after the sprog.....this will be good....can I be crude and tell really bad jokes?
Am quite shty really,,,,wont say boo to anyone unless you have a goose....

See he's up for a swap he's bringing the misses ;)

splatt
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 00:03
FFS, I can only do 1 oil change at a time....

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 14:59
1. Wobbly Dave
3. Justin & Kathy
4. Splatt
5. Moppy
6. Waxworks
7. Bracer
8. Andrew
9. Gibbo
11. DaveS70R
12.9 Mulletboy2 & Jen
15. Spesh + 1
16 Splatt & Mrs Splatt

Matt30462
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 19:14
This forum got 2 Splatt's or has Pedro been at the Stella again?

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 19:37
This forum got 2 Splatt's or has Pedro been at the Stella again?
DOH

1. Wobbly Dave
3. Justin & Kathy
4. Splatt & Mrs Splatt
5. Moppy
6. Waxworks
7. Bracer
8. Andrew
9. Gibbo
11. DaveS70R
12.9 Mulletboy2 & Jen
15. Spesh & Mr Spesh

V8guitar
Thursday 7th April 2005, 12:40
Might pop along if its alright......need to double check the dates and with 'er in charge.

Can you "pencil" me in and me bird ??? anyone taking sprogs or adults only ??

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th April 2005, 14:07
Mikey is bringing his. Problem is I always find they take a while, especially on a Barby. :rolling_e

stevepud
Thursday 7th April 2005, 15:07
Mikey is bringing his. Problem is I always find they take a while, especially on a Barby. :rolling_e

20 minutes or so in the microwave'll help there mate!! :firedevil :hbomb: :splat:

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Thursday 7th April 2005, 16:25
hello everyone,

just see ing if the invite stretches to me,maybr a silly question,but i don't write too many posts on here,but enjoy seeing yous lot and see ing your cars.when i went to notts,a cool night was had.

if so put me down for a burger,and i will try and get my girlfriend to come as well(to the barbeque i mean)

BRACER CAN ALSO TELL ME OFF FOR USING CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pedro Fandango
Friday 8th April 2005, 12:13
1. Wobbly Dave
3. Justin & Kathy
4. Splatt & Mrs Splatt
5. Moppy
6. Waxworks
7. Bracer
8. Andrew
9. Gibbo
11. DaveS70R
12.9 Mulletboy2 & Jen
15. Spesh & Mr Spesh
16. V8Guitar & Missus
17. TEAMWAYSIDE21 & Girlfriend

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th April 2005, 12:20
hello everyone,

just see ing if the invite stretches to me,maybr a silly question,but i don't write too many posts on here,but enjoy seeing yous lot and see ing your cars.when i went to notts,a cool night was had.

if so put me down for a burger,and i will try and get my girlfriend to come as well(to the barbeque i mean)

BRACER CAN ALSO TELL ME OFF FOR USING CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are more than welcome. And I will tell you off too for shouting on the forum - LOL. ;)

V8guitar
Friday 8th April 2005, 12:37
20 minutes or so in the microwave'll help there mate!! :firedevil :hbomb: :splat:

Depends if you like them well done or....sorry can't do it! Bad taste chip just melted....

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th April 2005, 14:30
Yes I like mine crispy around the edges and soft in the middle, served with some fava beans and a nice chianti

Speaking of which did you know they are releasing an underwater version of that Hannibal Lecter film

"Silence of the Clams"
:hilarious

I'll get my coat :hidesbehi:

fraz13
Friday 8th April 2005, 14:47
Yes I like mine crispy around the edges and soft in the middle, served with some fava beans and a nice chianti

Ye talkin about woman there???????? :saythat:

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 9th April 2005, 01:06
DEAR BARBY CHEF DAVE,

Put both me and her "that sits in doors doing nothing but what Trisha" on the list. Can't be 100% sure if I can make it yet though......Although this time I may actually get a chance to sit down and talk to some of you lot instead of spending all my time tearing up the drag strip like to loon you lot think I am........ but then again I've got a reputation to keep :insane: ......... :haha:

Pedro Fandango
Saturday 9th April 2005, 07:39
1. Wobbly Dave
3. Justin & Kathy
4. Splatt & Mrs Splatt
5. Moppy
6. Waxworks
7. Bracer
8. Andrew
9. Gibbo
11. DaveS70R & Mrs S70R + Little S70R
12.9 Mulletboy2 & Jen
15. Spesh + 1
16. V8Guitar & Missus
18. Judgeninja & her "that sits in doors doing nothing but what Trisha"

DaveS60D5
Saturday 9th April 2005, 12:31
1. Wobbly Dave
3. Justin & Kathy
4. Splatt & Mrs Splatt
5. Moppy
6. Waxworks
7. Bracer
8. Andrew
9. Gibbo
11. DaveS70R
12.9 Mulletboy2 & Jen
15. Spesh + 1
16. V8Guitar & Missus

Pedro - when u get back add Cristina (the wife) and April (daughter) to my name please mate! ta! :)

spesh
Saturday 9th April 2005, 12:44
Can someone amend the spesh and Mr Spesh bit please, I dont bat for the wrong team, If you know wat I mean!!!!!!!!!! :cuckoo:

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 9th April 2005, 16:29
I'd love to come along, but wont be 100% sure till a little bit closer to the date, me and my boyfriend at the mo. cheers

Spesh mate - we were only going off what your wrote in the first place.

http://www.thestage.co.uk/images/pics/4722.jpg
"I am the only Gay in the village"

LOL.

Nevermind I am sure your reputation remains intact.

Kent Canary
Sunday 10th April 2005, 20:32
I will try, keep an eye on work etc. Dont put me on the list yet though

V70 R Man
Sunday 10th April 2005, 22:48
Hi people,
I do food and drink put me down please.

:haha:

andi's red 850R
Sunday 10th April 2005, 23:19
:blowingup put me and our lass down if ya dont mind :thewave:

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 10th April 2005, 23:42
Dave it looks like it is going to be a big'un....

I don't mind contributing to the fund to make sure it is an excellent day...
If you're coming to Stretton fox I'll pass over some cash then....
Otherwise you'll have to post where people can send their contribution....

JUDGE

P.S. - Add one extra for me. Sprogg will be coming as well...

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th April 2005, 09:11
As stated on the first post of this thread - there will be an opportunity for voluntary contributions on the day.

splatt
Monday 11th April 2005, 18:12
Only too happy to contribute.
Me and wife were thinking of making a long weekend of it. .What else is there to do there?

Andrew
Monday 11th April 2005, 19:16
Only too happy to contribute.
Me and wife were thinking of making a long weekend of it. .What else is there to do there?

It's near brum what isn't there to do cinema, mcdonalds, etc ... actually some good shopping - the UKs first Hustler shop (think ann summers) - NEC, Cadburys World (you have to book tickets ahead of time - well ahead) and more.

Sure the locals can give you more info.

splatt
Monday 11th April 2005, 19:45
Done cadbury world before....excellent, my daughter would love it, she's 4 1/2...
Would that be OK at the BBQ? (no cooking jokes!) as it would be a shame to come all that way for her to miss lots of Chocolate......lovely chocolate......
Me...I prefer beer but then I think you know that ....
If it is awkward then will will get her at her grandma's....for the weekend hopefully!!.

splatt
Monday 11th April 2005, 19:59
And I could sneak the car in to get the RICA upgrade.... :worship:

Andrew
Monday 11th April 2005, 20:12
Ah now your talking :)

splatt
Monday 11th April 2005, 20:42
Do you think I will get away with it? :smileypul

stevepud
Monday 11th April 2005, 20:46
Splatt, if you're wife wont allow, threaten to make her use your new chainsaw...!
bugger, wrong forum!! LOL

splatt
Monday 11th April 2005, 21:01
Splatt, if you're wife wont allow, threaten to make her use your new chainsaw...!
bugger, wrong forum!! LOL
HaHA....power tools..seperate thread being started

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th April 2005, 22:52
There is loads to do and see in Brum. It's been transformed recently - especially with the new Bullring. There are more canals than in Venice, ThinkTank @ Millenium Point , The Birmingham Eye (like it's London Counterpart but a bit smaller). Shopping, restaurants, museums, art galleries.

Black country museum is bostin' - if you like that kinda thing.

I have a calendar entry for the details - so it doesnt matter too much if this gets a bit side tracked.

siamblue
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 01:51
I ain't getting my missus near Cadbury World.
I might go though :B_rotfl: :hidesbehi Q Moppy :hidesbehi

Andrew
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 08:46
Brum has come on some. :beer:

philt6
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 16:12
Any objections to a T6 coming along only live in Coventry so not far

Andrew
Thursday 28th April 2005, 08:08
Any objections to a T6 coming along only live in Coventry so not far

No problems at all with a T5+1 coming I'm sure!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 28th April 2005, 13:39
Yeah but I aint polishing it - too big!! LOL

Matt30462
Monday 2nd May 2005, 18:21
Back by popular demand.............Mr M J Hosking Esq accompanied by the delightfull Miss Alice Victoria Rose Hosking will be delighted to attend the annual "Kick The Tyres Party" in Englands 2nd city. Transport to this soirée will be provided by rocket propelled Olive coloured hearse.

God willing and provided we manage to wake up after driving back from Merseyside the day before we will be attending, after all, the 1st Kick The Tyres WAS in honour of Olive so it is only fitting she should be there.

Will have some new parts and maybe a few gizmo's fitted by then too.

Justin
Monday 2nd May 2005, 20:43
Look forward to your honourable presence matt ;)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 00:20
Back by popular demand.............Mr M J Hosking Esq accompanied by the delightfull Miss Alice Victoria Rose Hosking will be delighted to attend the annual "Kick The Tyres Party" in Englands 2nd city. Transport to this soirée will be provided by rocket propelled Olive coloured hearse.

God willing and provided we manage to wake up after driving back from Merseyside the day before we will be attending, after all, the 1st Kick The Tyres WAS in honour of Olive so it is only fitting she should be there.

Will have some new parts and maybe a few gizmo's fitted by then too.
Hoorah!!

GuyD5
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 00:24
So, have we got a running list for who's coming? :)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 00:27
Pedro is slacking again! LOL

siamblue
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 01:02
Pedro is slacking again! LOL

Dave what do you mean again :haha:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 01:10
1. Wobbly Dave
3. Justin & Kathy
4. Splatt & Mrs Splatt
5. Moppy
6. Waxworks
7. Bracer
8. Andrew
9. Gibbo
12.9 Mulletboy2 & Jen
15. Spesh + 1
16. V8Guitar & Missus
19. Matt30462 + Alice (aah bless)

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 09:01
YAY!! look forward to seeing you there Matt - Alice and I have a lot to catch up on lol!!

Looks like its going to be another good event!

x

Bison
Saturday 14th May 2005, 19:06
1. Wobbly Dave
3. Justin & Kathy
4. Splatt & Mrs Splatt
5. Moppy
6. Waxworks
7. Bracer
8. Andrew
9. Gibbo
12.9 Mulletboy2 & Jen
15. Spesh + 1
16. V8Guitar & Missus
19. Matt30462 + Alice (aah bless)
20. Bison

I'm There!!

Vikingxl
Saturday 14th May 2005, 22:13
Count me in Dave i will bring the wife and the PT Cruiser

(I was joking about the cruiser)

andi's red 850R
Sunday 15th May 2005, 18:58
:cry: can me and elle still come?
i put my name down,but ive been left off :nutkick:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 16th May 2005, 00:31
I have published and will maintain the list on the calendar

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=17&day=2005-6-11

andi's red 850R
Monday 16th May 2005, 17:41
:remybussi thanx muchly

Redbrick
Friday 27th May 2005, 00:32
I'll try and be there... its going to be late though, Mrs is working till 8pm :(

Probably 9.30pm... is that too late?

Andy

Wobbly Dave
Friday 27th May 2005, 00:35
Andy - it will be going till quite late 1 - 2 am I expect, judging by last year.

Redbrick
Friday 27th May 2005, 00:43
Great!- nothing can beat walking into a party when everyone else has been drinking for 6 hours :drunk: and not knowing anyone... apart from you of course!

I'll try and get a babysitter and get up there earlier, I'll have to see what I can sort out.

Can you PM me your address.

Later

Wobbly Dave
Friday 27th May 2005, 00:52
you will know many peeps - they are mostly on here!! It will not be a problem. Earlier or later - entirely up to you my friend.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 2nd June 2005, 23:57
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Can those who said they were coming, or yet to declare - RSVP me at

davep@bigredvolvos.co.uk

The list and details are here - http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=17&day=2005-6-11&c=1

I need to know for catering purposes and then I can send you directions.

EMAIL ONLY PLEASE

Vikingxl
Saturday 4th June 2005, 21:57
My wife Amanda is a vegetarian will there be any others ???

siamblue
Sunday 5th June 2005, 05:37
Dave have you updated the list as i can't see Chris W and guests (C70) on there.

Andrew
Monday 6th June 2005, 15:25
Anyone else travelling down the A14??? if so let me know might do the convoy thing!

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 01:25
Confirmed..
Travelling down M56/M6 in the morning if anyone is going that way....

Andrew
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 19:57
No one going down the A14? Blimey. What's happened to all the East Anglia folk ?

Seems we've lost Matt again. He's done another runner.

Andrew
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 19:59
Pedro - are you going to update the latest list? Also add "Radha" as my + 1 please. The wifey's coming for a burger.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 9th June 2005, 03:42
List has been updated on the calendar - and I am leaving the address up there - for a couple of days

ANYONE ELSE COMING? I AM GOING SHOPPING V SOON AND NEED TO KNOW!!

NugentS
Thursday 9th June 2005, 17:49
List has been updated on the calendar - and I am leaving the address up there - for a couple of days

ANYONE ELSE COMING? I AM GOING SHOPPING V SOON AND NEED TO KNOW!!

Is there room for me - Volvo are lending me some of their cars in the morning to play with and I can now make this.

Would love to meet some of the people here.

Sean

Andrew
Thursday 9th June 2005, 18:57
Is there room for me - Volvo are lending me some of their cars in the morning to play with and I can now make this.

Would love to meet some of the people here.

Sean

I can't see that as a problem but would advise you "EMAIL" big dave and just let him know.

Justin
Thursday 9th June 2005, 21:59
I'm sure we can accomodate, The pot is £115 lighter and we have still got to get some more bits for the day food wise. Please remember that we are asking for a voulentary donation of a fiver per head for the days food and drink, good old Makro saved us about £50 anyway. ;)

Tomcat
Thursday 9th June 2005, 22:26
I'd love to come but unfortunately its my Dads 60th birthday on Sunday and we're having a surprise party for the old fart. Ah well maybe nexy year eh?.

JUDGENINJA
Friday 10th June 2005, 00:35
DAVE
:wavey: Just in case...I'm only Plus 2...... :wavey:

Wobbly Dave
Friday 10th June 2005, 10:01
Sean is welcome. The weather does not look fantastic - but I don't think it is gonna rain

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1045

NugentS
Friday 10th June 2005, 10:41
Thank you Kind Sir,

As I will be near to a Costco - is there anything you would like me to bring?

Sean

Wobbly Dave
Friday 10th June 2005, 10:46
A fiver and a smile

Wobbly Dave
Friday 10th June 2005, 10:47
If any of the local crowd could bring some extra garden chairs then that would be most useful

Matt30462
Friday 10th June 2005, 15:49
Andy, I am coming past you. We can convoy as we did for Santa Pod. Meet at Cambridge Services as last time? PM me.

mulletboy2
Friday 10th June 2005, 18:22
Hiya guys,

Already spoken to Dave, who doesn't have a problem with it, but figured it worth asking here before making anyone uncomfortable...

Anyone have a problem with dogs? Jen and I would like to bring ours along (so we can stay out longer). He won't be any hassle, but someone may have allergies/be unsure about kids safety (which honestly isn't a problem - he loves everyone equally!)/etc... Best to ask, and if anyone's unsure, we'll just curtail the length of our stay a bit.

Cheers

Mark

siamblue
Friday 10th June 2005, 22:29
Lucky my missus is Thai and not Vietnamese otherwise there might have been a problem, Only joking lol,
No probs here, What type is it?

Gary..

mulletboy2
Friday 10th June 2005, 22:35
lol - there's not enough meat on him to make a decent meal ;) He's a Pharaoh Hound cross English Bull Terrier... although the bull terrier is only really noticable in his muscles/length of nose.

Here's a pic of him about 6 months ago

http://www.devgeek.co.uk/myphotos/simba/simba.jpg

Here's a bit bulkier now, as he's very well exercised.

splatt
Friday 10th June 2005, 23:20
Really unhappy...won't ne able to make it...We have been badly let down at the last by our baby sitter and can't see a way around it (it's a 3 hour drive each way which our little un wont cope with) Really sorry...was looking forward to feeding the dog with raw sausages too...

Bison
Friday 10th June 2005, 23:31
I'm coming for sure + 1 if that's ok.

Bison

debug
Saturday 11th June 2005, 00:26
Dropped you an email earlier in the week and will try my hardest to be in attendance tomorrow.

No extra people with me at the moment but outside chance of one. Cheers!

mulletboy2
Saturday 11th June 2005, 03:22
Just a reminder for if you try to work out numbers in the morning Dave - my party is now 3 (Myself, Jen and Harry), + dog. Dog won't need feeding/booze, rest of us will ;)

What drinks do you have planned? I'm not a beer drinker, so will bring my own cider/spirits if they're not catered for. Also, for those not driving, I may bring a bottle or 2 of absynthe..

Cheers

Mark

chriskay
Saturday 11th June 2005, 10:04
Have a great time all. Sorry I won't be there.
Cheers, Chris.

Bison
Saturday 11th June 2005, 11:36
I may bring a bottle or 2 of absynthe..

You crazy £££££££, that stuff nearly killed me lol. I have just returned from Latvia where the National drink is a black tar like liquid, called Black Balsam, around 80%.

I take it no one wants me to bring any.

Bison

mulletboy2
Saturday 11th June 2005, 12:18
I take it no one wants me to bring any.
You take it wrong ;) If you fancy bringing some along, I'd be interested in trying some, providing it doesn't taste like smelly socks or something.

My dad used to brew his own stuff, called Sidiqui, which was 180 proof (100%abv). That stuff was killer (quite literally in a couple of cases). I had a friend who used to come over to our house, lay on the ground infront of the still, and drink it straight from the siphon tube, lol. Now he was a crazy man!