PDA

View Full Version : Woodvale Rally - Southport

Cueball_MOB
Monday 31st July 2006, 19:30
Hello All,

I've just seen this advertised on TV (well actually Tara did but she always claims she's done things when it was me - LOL).

http://www.woodvalerally.co.uk/

We'll probably be going there on Saturday if anyone wants to join us. If this does turn into a mini-meet we could probably meet nearby and go in convoy so we're all parked together?!?

Has anyone been there before? Is it worth going too?

Bit short notice now but thought we could enter our 'club' for next year and with our banner and excellently turned out motors we should win the prize easily.

Over to you - what do you think?

Cheers

Cue

JO5EPH
Monday 31st July 2006, 20:58
I persuaded my dad to take me to this when I was 11 (so going back 11 or 12 years!) and I thought it was great!

Had a go with some r/c cars and on some mini-motos etc. There was also a good r/c aircraft display with them dropping 'bombs' and loads of smoke etc.

Cant really remember much more about it but I enjoyed it back then!

I wont be going this weekend as it doesnt really interest me as the costs (inc petrol) outweigh the rewards :(

Joe :)

P.S I just remembered there was r/c motorbike racing, which I thought was crap. They kept falling over and werent as 'argy-bargy' as the cars!

DJ1
Monday 31st July 2006, 23:40
Hello All,

I've just seen this advertised on TV (well actually Tara did but she always claims she's done things when it was me - LOL).

http://www.woodvalerally.co.uk/

We'll probably be going there on Saturday if anyone wants to join us. If this does turn into a mini-meet we could probably meet nearby and go in convoy so we're all parked together?!?

Has anyone been there before? Is it worth going too?

Bit short notice now but thought we could enter our 'club' for next year and with our banner and excellently turned out motors we should win the prize easily.

Over to you - what do you think?

Cheers

Cue
might just join ya on that one cue, i will let you know in the week what we are doin,
Dave.