PDA

View Full Version : key problem.

welshboy
Monday 31st July 2006, 00:01
Hi.

Could someone help me.

I have 2 sets of keys and fobs. I have lost one set, which i think i dropped by the car. They are not there now.

What options have i got. As if someone as picked them up. They know where i live and what car to look out for.

would i need to change all the locks and but new keys and fobs. Which will cost alot i should imagine.

Thanks

Tony

tr03bor
Monday 31st July 2006, 00:02
Hi.

Could someone help me.

I have 2 sets of keys and fobs. I have lost one set, which i think i dropped by the car. They are not there now.

What options have i got. As if someone as picked them up. They know where i live and what car to look out for.

would i need to change all the locks and but new keys and fobs. Which will cost alot i should imagine.

Thanks

Tony

could try and find a scrap volvo and take the locks and keys?

Rufe
Monday 31st July 2006, 06:42
well changing all the locks is one option, but if you go the volvo dealer you can erase the lost key and fob from the cars memory, so they cant be used. obviously the key will still fit the lock and will be able to open the door, but they wont be able to turn off the alarm or start the car, so there will be some piece of mind.

welshboy
Monday 31st July 2006, 20:03
Thanks for the help guys.

Luck be it. She found them in her bag next morning. Thats after i took out 3 fuses so the engine didn't start, while it was parked out over night.

tony

GATHY
Monday 31st July 2006, 20:19
Thanks for the help guys.

Luck be it. She found them in her bag next morning. Thats after i took out 3 fuses so the engine didn't start, while it was parked out over night.

tony

if you do lose them tell your insurance company a.s.ap and they arrange for all your locks etc to be replaced i think it doesnt affect your claims either
from what i got told dont know if its true, but i can remember something in my policy booklet about it

Matt30462
Monday 31st July 2006, 20:54
So how come, I quote "I dropped them" yet, "She" found them in her handbag. These keys got legs? Or is the good woman prone to blonde moments.Or even you perhaps??

welshboy
Monday 31st July 2006, 21:32
It was a long day last night. Was looking for them after mid-night. It was the girlfriend. Not me. Just to tired to type and think straight, but also need to some info to help.

tony

Rufe
Monday 31st July 2006, 21:58
either way, at least you have found them now, they are very expensive to replace