PDA

View Full Version : Whoopey Rica Rocks!!!!!

mazza
Sunday 30th July 2006, 18:30
After lots of waiting for the old bank balance to say yes (and the wife),i booked my car in to volvo-tuning for a 280 upgrade,spoke to Adam a bit before just to find out a bit about rica first and what a top bloke...loads of info that got me booking it in as soon as poss!stayed at me mates house on friday in bournemouth,set off at 6.10 on saturday morning got there at 8,oops,car booked in at 9.30, had some kabanos which Adam laid on (Polish sausage rocks),left about 1 and what a difference!!!!pulled out and turned right,thought well lets see what it can do!!!!ooops,still in first got to 3000 and wheel spin all the way to 6000,didnt mean to,i have a big gob on me so the smile that was on my face almost swallowed the car!power is unbelievable now,the only down side is that i now have to upgrade my front brakes cos they where screaming like mad!!!massive thanks to Adam and Hamish for what they did,also met Ian c70T5,nice bloke and very nice car!!
Thanks all!!!!!!!:thewave:

Phuturephantasy
Sunday 30th July 2006, 18:46
Wow another T5 owner down here in Zummerzet !!

Still umming and ahhing about getting mine done - had the car for 6 months now which is a long time for me so I must like it anyway.

I'll look out for a particularly quick Volvo around these parts now.

volvolised
Sunday 30th July 2006, 18:56
Where abouts in Zummerset are you guys and are your cars in shades of apple green by any chance :wink: ?? Glad your happy with the rica mazza BIG difference ehhh!!!

mazza
Sunday 30th July 2006, 19:06
live in Ilchester,work in shepton mallet,mine is dark blue and a 854.
and OOOOOHHHHH yes it makes a huge difference...still smiling!!!:) :) :)
got to sort the brakes out though they are shocking!!!!!!!

mazza
Sunday 30th July 2006, 19:07
Phuturephantasy get it done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!you will not regret it one bit!!!!!!mpg goes up aswell so its blinding!!!!!!!!!

volvolised
Sunday 30th July 2006, 19:20
Tis a definate grin factor everytime. Have you got a strut brace yet as that is also a very good upgrade but would sure agree 850 brakes are crap and do/will cause some very scary moments, enough so i personaly went OTT but hey i can stop now !! My partner is from chard(dont laugh) and i used to work them ways, maybe you guys can meet up with us b'mouth guys sometime ??

Phuturephantasy
Sunday 30th July 2006, 19:32
I am in Bridgwater and have a dark blue S70 T5, standard bar an ITG filter I bought off some kindly chap on here.

Apple Green T5 would be nice methinks...

volvolised
Sunday 30th July 2006, 19:48
talking about ugrades Rottertron has a strut brace 4 sale at the mo it's cheap and is a good upgrade also think it will fit an 850 put me right anyone if not so !

mazza
Sunday 30th July 2006, 20:00
Tis a definate grin factor everytime. Have you got a strut brace yet as that is also a very good upgrade but would sure agree 850 brakes are crap and do/will cause some very scary moments, enough so i personaly went OTT but hey i can stop now !! My partner is from chard(dont laugh) and i used to work them ways, maybe you guys can meet up with us b'mouth guys sometime ??

Sounds like a plan...just came back from b'mouth today,have you got a black 855/v70 by any chance,past one and it looks great!!
brakes first then a strut brace then make my big old twin exit exhaust!!!
thought the brakes where ok until i got on the road after the tuning,foot to the floor wooooo brake,foot to the floor wooooo brake,foot to the floor woooo where have the brakes gone????????

volvolised
Sunday 30th July 2006, 20:11
Ohh yes brake fade massive, got to admit my first venture into the brake upgrade was when standard, after rica any B road fast runs were frightening ,hence new change. You do have some fun roads your'e way dont you !!. No dont have black but nautilus (dark blue) think you maybe same colour ?? there is a nice black V70R in the poole area.

mazza
Sunday 30th July 2006, 20:36
Gonna change the pads ASAP,but got to get bigger wheels first to get the bigger discs on,god this is getting expensive!!!!!didnt buy it to not do anything to it though..probably was the same V70R,black grill very mean looking, bloody gorgeous!!!anyone know what size pipe i need to fit a boost gauge to the boost tree?

abdul
Sunday 30th July 2006, 20:42
u got me thinking

mazza
Sunday 30th July 2006, 20:44
does that hurt like it does with me??

Nathlm
Sunday 30th July 2006, 21:35
Glad you are enjoying the car!!!

Nat xx

volvolised
Sunday 30th July 2006, 21:36
Mazza, hope we can return to your starting thread and know your'e gonna luv the rica, it is so good , just remember you're getting there quicker.:thewave:

Ian C70T5
Sunday 30th July 2006, 21:44
Glad you like it mate.. Your Car looked nice.

Is always always good to meet another board member.

mazza
Sunday 30th July 2006, 21:53
Glad you are enjoying the car!!!

Nat xx

was the lovely lady you Nat?,if it was sorry i didnt introduce myself ,hope you liked the sweets,still trying to figure out whos who here!!!:confused: oh and your dog is the best,kept me well amused with the ball,,very good passing skills,,think i was enjoying it more than the dog!!!:wink:

DONKEYT5
Sunday 30th July 2006, 21:54
Gonna change the pads ASAP,but got to get bigger wheels first to get the bigger discs on,god this is getting expensive!!!!!didnt buy it to not do anything to it though..probably was the same V70R,black grill very mean looking, bloody gorgeous!!!anyone know what size pipe i need to fit a boost gauge to the boost tree?
Should be 5mm/6mm internal diameter i think, im sure its 5mm tho!

JO5EPH
Sunday 30th July 2006, 21:59
Good stuff! :B_steerin

It's always been on my 'to do list', but i've made sure i've got the brakes/suspension ready for it. That however comes at a price :(

And now other costs seem to be popping up everywhere it seems the day I get it RICA'd is getting further and further away :(

It doesnt help matters that I want to get it 'all' done when it goes to VT; RICA + Exhaust £650, then I'd want them to supply and fit some lowering springs too, so it's a lot of money to save/spend all in one go!

Oh well, the time will come.....

Joe :)

mazza
Sunday 30th July 2006, 22:15
Should be 5mm/6mm internal diameter i think, im sure its 5mm tho!

cheers donkey,will order some now...
JO5EPH,,,hope you get it sooner rather than later:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: cant stress enough how much it has changed the old girl!!!!!!!

Nathlm
Sunday 30th July 2006, 22:38
was the lovely lady you Nat?,if it was sorry i didnt introduce myself ,hope you liked the sweets,still trying to figure out whos who here!!!:confused: oh and your dog is the best,kept me well amused with the ball,,very good passing skills,,think i was enjoying it more than the dog!!!:wink:

Well I never, no one on here has called me a lovely lady - LOL yep it was me and I didn't get to eat the sweets as Marcus stole them! Mirk is a great although he is about to have his b*lls snipped off because he is running off down the park every time we have our backs turned - norty mirk!!! now available to the highest bidder!!!

Nat xx

mazza
Sunday 30th July 2006, 22:44
poor dog!!!!!!!!!!i think you have every bloke crossing his legs now shouting NOOOOO....anyway nice to meet you all finally,hope to see you all soon..

akky
Thursday 3rd August 2006, 22:21
Sounds like a plan...just came back from b'mouth today,have you got a black 855/v70 by any chance,past one and it looks great!!
brakes first then a strut brace then make my big old twin exit exhaust!!!
thought the brakes where ok until i got on the road after the tuning,foot to the floor wooooo brake,foot to the floor wooooo brake,foot to the floor woooo where have the brakes gone????????

if ya looking for the black v70 in sunny bournemouth thats me.

Of on hols tomorrow so will be doing the m3 between 2 and 3.

adriancole
Thursday 3rd August 2006, 22:50
im off to zummerset tomorrow to stay in Burrowbridge with other halfs parents.....:)

T5frankie
Tuesday 15th August 2006, 15:51
Ohh yes brake fade massive, got to admit my first venture into the brake upgrade was when standard, after rica any B road fast runs were frightening ,hence new change. You do have some fun roads your'e way dont you !!. No dont have black but nautilus (dark blue) think you maybe same colour ?? there is a nice black V70R in the poole area.
ebc greenstuff pads have stopped the smoking on mine:cop:

MattB
Tuesday 15th August 2006, 16:30
live in Ilchester,work in shepton mallet,mine is dark blue and a 854.
and OOOOOHHHHH yes it makes a huge difference...still smiling!!!:) :) :)
got to sort the brakes out though they are shocking!!!!!!!
My girlfriend's parents live in Wells, so I'll have to keep my eye out for you when visiting them! :biggrin: