PDA

View Full Version : DS2500 Cost and Supplier

Ren
Sunday 30th July 2006, 17:02
Can anyone tell me where I may purchase a set of DS2500 front pads from for my ph1, 97 V70R please, and how much they will cost?

I have been quoted £121.14 + £7.50 delivery from motorsport world, as my locals haven't got a clue what the h*ll I'm on about.:cuckoo:

cheers in advance,

mikey
Sunday 30th July 2006, 17:16
VT stocks these brake parts,give them a call and they also mail parts,

cheers Mikey

Can anyone tell me where I may purchase a set of DS2500 front pads from for my ph1, 97 V70R please, and how much they will cost?

I have been quoted £121.14 + £7.50 delivery from motorsport world, as my locals haven't got a clue what the h*ll I'm on about.:cuckoo:

cheers in advance,

Andrew
Sunday 30th July 2006, 17:22
VT stocks these brake parts,give them a call and they also mail parts,

cheers Mikey

Thats - www.volvotuninguk.com

volvolised
Sunday 30th July 2006, 17:47
Hi Ren, I have a set of brand new boxed ds2500 pads part number FCP1285H which i was going to put on my 94 855 but had a change of plan so if any of the guys know these will fit yours give me a shout and we'll see if we can save you some dough. warren.:) pps If interested i also have some Tarox grooved and drilled standard sized 285mm ? front discs that have prob only done 5K for sale too

Ren
Sunday 30th July 2006, 18:12
I'll have to wait for others to comment because all I know is that I am running 302mm on the fronts as standard.

I'll keep it mind and wait for some responses.

Cheers

SaffronC70
Sunday 30th July 2006, 19:30
Hi Ren

SW Autos stocks them and also has the police spec pads as well - these do not tend to make any noise.

Chris

Ren
Sunday 30th July 2006, 19:46
Hi Ren

SW Autos stocks them and also has the police spec pads as well - these do not tend to make any noise.

Chris

Sorry, I was not aware these pads were noisy. Are you saying the DS2500 make a significant amount of noise? Is there a difference in quality, as I now know the polices ones can be had around £30 less than the DS ones.

pault5
Sunday 30th July 2006, 21:13
I have police pads fitted, they are quiet but produce a fair amount of dust.
paul

volvolised
Sunday 30th July 2006, 21:25
When saying are they quiet or not surely this is based on the disc ?, grooved and drilled are always going to be much louder than smooth standard and prelimary squeal on smooth discs is a part of the bedding in process ? .

Nathlm
Sunday 30th July 2006, 21:54
Ren,

Buy those pads in a previous post if they are less than £114 + VAT. The discs however are no good to you (280mm not 302mm.)

FYI the Ferodo DS2500 pads are NOT noisey, they do however occasionally suffer from a bit of squeal if not bedded in properly. However the performance of these pads is second to non and are certainly a whole load better than the recycled pork scratchings that others offer ! Carefull when ordering these pads from some mail order suppliers as they will send you Ferodo DS Performance ! Still a brilliant Pad but about £30 cheaper and not as good !

Regards,
Hamish.
www.volvotuninguk.com

Ren
Sunday 30th July 2006, 22:09
Hi Ren, I have a set of brand new boxed ds2500 pads part number FCP1285H which i was going to put on my 94 855 but had a change of plan so if any of the guys know these will fit yours give me a shout and we'll see if we can save you some dough. warren.:) pps If interested i also have some Tarox grooved and drilled standard sized 285mm ? front discs that have prob only done 5K for sale too

VT indicate that the pads will fit my V70R, so pm me with how much you want and where you're located. Possibly meet, or arrange post and paypal?

Ren