PDA

View Full Version : replacement 850 t5 exhaust

devreeze
Sunday 30th July 2006, 13:27
im after a new exhaust ,would like a raspier sounding exhaust but also want one thats going to last, can anyone reccomend brands makes and prices. thanks

iGGy
Sunday 30th July 2006, 15:01
Not too sure you'll get much of a raspier sound out of an aftermarket exhaust. Some engines seem to produce a rasp, but don't recall ever hearing a Volvo five cylinder (with a legal exhaust) making a rasp, more of a rumble.

Personally I don't like the raspy noise, my Cav GSi has a very raspy note and it annoys me no end. I even don't like the engine note some of the V8 Ferrari's make because of the rasp.

MattB
Sunday 30th July 2006, 16:53
I have a smaller box and a stainless tailpipe fitted by powerflow.
Lots of rumble and 5 pot drone - even a pop here and there, but as iggy says, no rasp. Sounds good tho imho. :)

Ren
Sunday 30th July 2006, 17:05
Have to agree with previous posts. 5cyl=rumble and not cheap rasp.

I have a sound link on my web site that you can listen to. It's my longlife custom 2.5" cat back jobby. Remember, sound quality is good, but even better in the flesh.........enjoy!

devreeze
Sunday 30th July 2006, 17:42
thanks guys, guess your right it would probably sound tacky with a rasp aswell, my exhaust is pretty worn there are cracks appearing so im definately going to get a new one, what would you reccomend i do, should i get a standard one or are the 850 r exhausts any different. thanks again

volvolised
Sunday 30th July 2006, 20:44
Maybe it's just because it's in conjunction with the rica but the milltek is the dogs ......not just howling (on full chat), but 747 sounding :) (goes like a rocket) and must admit the poly top mount upgrade does give you an even greater sound experience. V.T supply exhausts

wright_t5
Monday 31st July 2006, 07:56
Hi,

Not sure if you can still get them, but I run a supersprint cat-back system, found it in a scrap yard attached to a wrecked saloon...

It sounds the nuts..... nice throaty burble.... and when you punch it, man it comes alive.... droans a bit on a long yourney though.... so beware, sport exhausts tend to do that, shame really... but hey, you cant have everything... went back to the standard exhaust for a while.. not the same, so...... it's going back on...

DONKEYT5
Monday 31st July 2006, 08:15
im after a new exhaust ,would like a raspier sounding exhaust but also want one thats going to last, can anyone reccomend brands makes and prices. thanks
If your after a raspier sound your best bet is to go down the custom route, for a cat back system custom made with choice of tailpipe and i described the type of sound, it costs approx 300 quid, and it aint one off the shelf, its built there and then!