PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Switch....

fraz13
Friday 28th July 2006, 16:58
I took my throttle body off the other day to give it a wee clean as the car has a slight uneasy idle at random times......

Used carb cleaner and it came up all shiney like new.... I thought about the throttle switch when a was spraying away but decided it was too late now and just gave it a wee spray of WD40...

Anyhoo, stuck it all back together and fired it up..... Engine management light came on then the gearbox arrow came on and started flashing :confused:

I switched it off again and went back to see what I had done wrong....

It worked out that daft a*se had forgotten to plug the thottle switch back in....

So I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU and plugged the switch in....

Started it up again and no gearbox arrow but still got the engine management light....

I read the codes and it said PO1621 IIRC which is Transmission Control Module (gearbox ECU)

Called Mark at Salvo and he sent me a ne Throttle Switch but the codes still there.... I have reset it and it just comes back

Now the car drives fine, maybe a bit more sluggish than normal but not a lot, still boosts the same and goes through the gears perfect...

Any ideas????

Engineer
Friday 28th July 2006, 17:32
Check the gearbox solenoid wiring on top of the box you might have disturbed the connections which can tend to crud up with age. :)

fraz13
Friday 28th July 2006, 19:15
Is that the plug with loads of wires mate?

Engineer
Friday 28th July 2006, 19:55
Is that the plug with loads of wires mate?

Main connector to box should be one peice difficult to explain without pics mate, but it will have a number of wires as it feeds 4 solenoids, solenoids are inside with internal wiring. Its the main connector and associated outside wiring which causes problems. Hope this helps.

Vikingxl
Friday 28th July 2006, 19:56
You would know oh ancient Engineer!!lol

Engineer
Friday 28th July 2006, 20:07
You would know oh ancient Engineer!!lol

Bugger off lol. Only guessing mate could be anything.