PDA

View Full Version : Fitting new head unit to volvo amp

monkey_boy
Friday 28th July 2006, 10:38
I found this in the states

http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com/prod_dincable.html

It connects the volvo amp to an aftermarket head unit. Anyone know where i can find one in the UK?

r7uss
Saturday 29th July 2006, 15:44
yeh i've got one of them, converts the multi pin plug of the standard amp wiring, into two sets of RCA leads to plug into the pre-outs in the aftermarket headunit. Can't remember what the companys called that manufactures them but i'm sure i got mine at GK's in Colchester.

thunderace
Saturday 29th July 2006, 15:45
autoleads is one maker but expensive direct or through dealer - try ebay

Rufe
Saturday 29th July 2006, 23:44
do these incorporate the standard amp into the circuit instead of simply bypassing it?? if so i wish i knew about these before i had mine fitted ... actually, may not be too late really, could allways retro fit it i suppose, and get that amp back to work :)

r7uss
Sunday 30th July 2006, 13:56
i believe these do incorporate the standard amp into the circuit. this part just converts the standard multi pin plug into normal plugs to go into the pre-outs in an aftermarket unit.

delboy
Tuesday 1st August 2006, 20:37
I made my own. Mine converts a standard head unit outputs (front and read RCAs and remote) to the 6 pin din on the cable that goes to the amp.
Just changing the headunit and using the existing amp and speakers makes the whole system so much better!
Since i am selling the car, i would sell the adapter for the head unit on it's own. If you are interested, email me boggin_basturd AT hotmail.com and i can send you pics of it.

Del

monkey_boy
Wednesday 2nd August 2006, 12:29
email sent!

delboy
Wednesday 2nd August 2006, 22:06
I'll take pics and get them sent on Thursday :-)