PDA

View Full Version : couple of probably silly questions

firestorm
Friday 28th July 2006, 09:32
hi all, had the head gasket go on my t5 the other day, i have removed the head, but i would like to do a few performance mods to the car whilst it is in bits,

i want to go for a 19t and bsr chip, i want to be doing it all myself really, but will the chip be ok for the bigger turbo, i take it the chip changes the ignition, fuel and boost maps, so it should not really matter about the size of the turbo, but can anyone tell me a deffo yes or no please?

i am also gonna change the engine mount on the cam cover for the uprated one, do i aslo change the one on the bulkhead, which is connected to it? seems a bit pointless only doing 1, when they are connected.

ps, gonna put a strut brace on it, and dump valve, hopefully a set of 18's, gotta get the car back off the missus somehow

pps, have these cars got wet liners? dont look like it, but i wanna be sure before re-building

Al115
Friday 28th July 2006, 13:09
Hello. You want to make sure that the ECU map / "chip" you put on the car is designed with the 19T in mind. Horrible things could happen otherwise! :)

The bulkhead mount does not fail as often as the one on the top of the engine, so I don't think that people often change it.

Good luck!

firestorm
Friday 28th July 2006, 18:24
cheers mate, so it's either standard turbo and simple to re-map, or 19t and custom remap on rolling road, unless someone knows different.....

your right on the engine mount, the one on the bulkhead is no-where near as worn as the one on the cam cover (which came off in 2 bits), but i'll probably change the pair since i got them off anyway.