PDA

View Full Version : 850 Rica Upgrade

tr03bor
Thursday 27th July 2006, 22:30
I want to get my 850 rica'd after i buy one, what is the max kinda milage befor you cant 310bhp them? also what kinda bhp would that be at the wheels??

Thanks Rob:thewave:

T5ER
Thursday 27th July 2006, 22:40
Not sure i have seen the RICA 304 on 150k car so should be fine.I was going to get the 304 i cant remember exactly what you get at the wheels but they are damn quick with em done i know i drove a 850 r with the 304 and ££££ it was fast

Mrsmopp
Thursday 27th July 2006, 22:41
@ the wheels normally about 250 -260. There is no limit as such but you will have to bear in mind that the more miles she has done the less likely you are to get the full benefit

x

tr03bor
Thursday 27th July 2006, 23:40
ok ta, where would be the closest place to get it done im in southend on sea

T5ER
Friday 28th July 2006, 08:34
ok ta, where would be the closest place to get it done im in southend on sea
LOL errrr tbh if you do buy mine mate might be worth you stopping in at VT on the way back and have a chat

tr03bor
Friday 28th July 2006, 09:52
good idea! lol spose you only an hour away

T5ER
Friday 28th July 2006, 10:26
good idea! lol spose you only an hour away
bout hour and 20 mins from vt

Babybadger
Friday 28th July 2006, 10:55
With fuel prices as they are, I would look at a 280 map if it is an auto, the torque will still be there and you can run it on 95 Ron Octane. On mine (304 map and auto) I don't think i would really notice that much difference on the topend between the two, a manual I probably would.

Ask VT about dual-mapping, something I would like to see them offer as an upgrade to existing 304 map owners :worship: for a considerable discount.......... :worship::worship:

Who knows if they get on the Absinthe one night, who knows what they will dream up.......

T5ER
Friday 28th July 2006, 11:02
With fuel prices as they are, I would look at a 280 map if it is an auto, the torque will still be there and you can run it on 95 Ron Octane. On mine (304 map and auto) I don't think i would really notice that much difference on the topend between the two, a manual I probably would.

Ask VT about dual-mapping, something I would like to see them offer as an upgrade to existing 304 map owners :worship: for a considerable discount.......... :worship::worship:

Who knows if they get on the Absinthe one night, who knows what they will dream up.......
Its a manual mate as it is mine that he has bought :Handshake

Broaders
Friday 28th July 2006, 11:23
My mate Kenny had his Rica'd a few weeks ago and has over 150k on it.

It's a black 850R Auto

I did advise him to go for the 280 as he never uses optimax. But when he went down he just asked for max power. He came back saying he got more power on the budget upgrade. When checking his certificate he had got the 304 upgrade. He is now running optimax !

tr03bor
Friday 28th July 2006, 12:17
im not that worried about the extra for super unleaded if it 5p more that 95 it works out at a extra £1 for every 20liters

Babybadger
Friday 28th July 2006, 14:45
im not that worried about the extra for super unleaded if it 5p more that 95 it works out at a extra £1 for every 20liters

At the moment........wait until Syria gets roped in! And Iran gets trade embargoes.......

tr03bor
Friday 28th July 2006, 15:19
yup i can see it rising to £1.00 a liter soon

Russell
Friday 28th July 2006, 19:55
I had the RICA 304 done lastweek, big differance and money well spent, just have to bear in mind things like more power = brakes have to be up to the job. :B_steerin
I was very impressed with the service provided by Adam & Hamish, no bodge it & scarper just profesionals doing a good job.

Babybadger
Saturday 29th July 2006, 10:58
yup i can see it rising to £1.00 a liter soon

And $100 a barrel, must remember to buy some yankee shares in oil
(currently $1.82 to a pound and buy the shares in New York!), profits will be rocking at the end of december!

blondy
Saturday 29th July 2006, 12:44
if i had the rica upgrade would it be possible to remove the ecu from the car and fit a standard one when selling or doesn't it work like that. is it specific to each car?
thanks paul.

thunderace
Saturday 29th July 2006, 12:47
as far as i am aware if you get the same ecu, ie same part number it should be ok

blondy
Saturday 29th July 2006, 12:51
but would the upgrade ecu work the same in my new car if the orig ecu was the same numbers or would it have to be remapped to the new car?

Mrsmopp
Sunday 30th July 2006, 00:07
As long as the ecu numbers are the same it will work. You may have problems if you change from havng no air con in your car to buying one with air con tho

x

Babybadger
Monday 31st July 2006, 12:03
but would the upgrade ecu work the same in my new car if the orig ecu was the same numbers or would it have to be remapped to the new car?

As long as there are no leaks on the pipework, and the ECU numbers match up then it should be fine. I don't think VT will guarantee the ECU in another car though. Make sure you take the ITG filter and new plugs etc if applicable.

Babybadger
Monday 31st July 2006, 13:08
I had the RICA 304 done lastweek, big differance and money well spent, just have to bear in mind things like more power = brakes have to be up to the job. :B_steerin
I was very impressed with the service provided by Adam & Hamish, no bodge it & scarper just profesionals doing a good job.

Ask Hamish about their Bremo/Ferodo setup, these do the job on mine.