PDA

View Full Version : Water leak

neevo
Thursday 27th July 2006, 10:48
Yes, another bloody fault :mad: this time I'm losing a fair amount of water, about a reservoir full every 2-3 days.

Managed to check it out and the water is coming from somewhere beneath/behind the fuse box to servo area and dripping onto the frame then onto the axle when parked facing downhill in our firms car park.

Any ideas where it is coming from? Heater matrix? I don't seem to be getting any water into the interior of the car but as it's summer it might be evaporating rather than accumulating!

Also any ideas on cost to fix? Is it something an inept amateur with some big lump hammers and massive stilsons could attempt?

Thanks.

bubba_1986
Thursday 27th July 2006, 10:57
Yes, another bloody fault :mad: this time I'm losing a fair amount of water, about a reservoir full every 2-3 days.

Managed to check it out and the water is coming from somewhere beneath/behind the fuse box to servo area and dripping onto the frame then onto the axle when parked facing downhill in our firms car park.

Any ideas where it is coming from? Heater matrix? I don't seem to be getting any water into the interior of the car but as it's summer it might be evaporating rather than accumulating!

Also any ideas on cost to fix? Is it something an inept amateur with some big lump hammers and massive stilsons could attempt?

Thanks.

Water pump mate, located at the bottom of the engine, mines is running off of the cambelt. I had the same problem last week, got some coolant, tht is like "gunkey goo ", sorta flows round system and blocks any leaks, try tht for the now as a tmp fix

Hope this might help

:)

iGGy
Thursday 27th July 2006, 12:50
I seem to remember mention of a small pipe that can leak from the back of the engine block where it connects through to the water pump.

But I'd also look closely at your header tank, maybe it's cracked and the water is finding its way along the bodywork until it drops down off something.

Baj
Thursday 27th July 2006, 17:44
I had a hose split round the rear of the block.
Couldnt find it for ages. Little tiny hole in the inside of a bend.
Run the engine and the pressure should help you locate the leak

Babybadger
Monday 31st July 2006, 12:05
I just found a small leak around the thermostat area! Hardly any water loss though, but it will build up!

neevo
Monday 31st July 2006, 12:22
Thanks for the help, I found it. It is a jubilee clip that has cut through a swollen bit of rubber pipe just behind th eengine block and practically under the fuse block. Only about 3" long and 1/2" wide and drips about once every 3 secs so isnt a big deal. Part ordered and will be here tomorrow so I will replace it and top up the coolant with something other than plain water which I have been giving it currently :D Less than £10, nice, when I was worrying abuot it being the heater matrix.