PDA

View Full Version : very cracked turbo!

anogg3
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:38
After all my hassel with my p2 t5 v70 having to get another engine i have old one out and took off turbo to find that the exhaust side of the housing has loads of big cracks inside starting from waste gate spreading out and some which go into the surround of turbine! So what i need to know is:
Should i get another turbo? ( i thought so)
Should i get an uprated one?
How much are standard ones and uprated ones and where from?
Please help as i am totally fed up with this car which is costing a fortune for nothing so far! Def going to be first and last t5 i own! well thats what im thinking now anyway!
Thanks Andy:cussing:

volvotuning
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:43
Should i get another turbo? ( i thought so)
Should i get an uprated one?
How much are standard ones and uprated ones and where from?
Please help as i am totally fed up with this car which is costing a fortune for nothing so far! Def going to be first and last t5 i own! well thats what im thinking now anyway!
Thanks Andy:cussing:

Should you get another turbo? Yes it's probably best if you want the best performance. If you're not bothered, then just leave it.

Should you get an uprated one? Depends on what sort of power you want, bearing in mind you need a remap in order to utilise the potential of the uprated turbo.

Adam.

anogg3
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:46
Thank you. What sort of price are we talking about for up rated? and standard? including re map?

volvotuning
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:54
Standard turbo - approx £350 + fitting + sundries + VAT.

Uprated turbo options -

a) 19T Stage 2 upgrade from approx £1500-£2600 (325-340 bhp)

b) New Hybrid Stage 2 (we call it stage 3 now) from approx £1850-£3000 (up to 375 bhp). Both these include the remap, plus other stuff.

Have a look at our web site under Engine Tuning (stage 2 and 3)

Adam.