PDA

View Full Version : 3 Button key fob

darkstar
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:17
If anyone has a 3 button key fob kicking around I am after one to replace mine. \really its just the plastic casing im after but the stealers want mega money for it, surprise surprise!

If anyone has one spare and wants to get rid then pm me with price. (must be key fob with lock/unlock/boot unlock)

cheers

steve

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 27th July 2006, 00:07
Indeed you're in luck - I have a spare one from the black C70 (with the 3 buttons)

What's the main dealer price?

Rufe
Thursday 27th July 2006, 00:53
new they are about £59 dave iirc. you cant buy just the casings from the dealer.

for the record i have two, brand new, working, unused never programmed, still in the packet, 3 button remotes here in my house, though obviously dave was in there first with a reply so get yours off wobbly dave mate :)

if anyone else needs a spare remote, let me know and i will do a deal, though you will obviously still need to get it programmed to work to your car at a dealer. part number on the back is 9184784 which is also exaclty the same as 9184786. (volvo replaced the 9184786 with the 9184784)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 27th July 2006, 00:54
therefore Id say £30 inc P&P for my spare fob - 1/2 price - cant be bad!

BTW mine is the 9184786

Kent Canary
Thursday 27th July 2006, 18:34
Is there a physical difference between the 6 and the 4?

Rufe
Thursday 27th July 2006, 18:38
none what so ever mate :)

(i have both in front of me right now)

darkstar
Thursday 27th July 2006, 18:57
thanks Dave consider it sold! Can you pm me your number and we can arrange payment and postage address.

Cheers

steve

Kent Canary
Thursday 27th July 2006, 19:40
So how much are you after then Rufe, and how much is reprogamming from a dealer? Thought you could do it from with in the car, ie, ignition to first position, hold the fob, walk round the car 12 times holding an orange at midnight, knock on the door, no wait.. thats the ghostly monk at Wymondham Abbey..

Rufe
Thursday 27th July 2006, 22:34
lmao, yes something like that fella! :D

Models 1999> require a software application to make them work, models before this are done using the PIN number method. Both of these ways require a visit to the dealer.

if its the later 1999> type, software is £21 plus vat, and the dealer will make a charge for doing this, we charge £30 i believe, though this charge would be the same if we were doing one remote only, or if we were doing, say, 4 keys and 4 remotes, as long as they were done together at the same time. i would think most delaers would charge in a similar way.

if you have the PIN number type then you would have to pay the labour, but wont need a download. I am also selling these for £30 each delivered. like i said above, they are brand new and not used and have never been programmed or even taken out of the packet. :)