PDA

View Full Version : Side light modification

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:15
What you all think, got myself some US corner lights for my yellow mobile and i love them, didnt like the white sidelight on top of the indicator and think this is altogether tidier!! ...US lights are single bulb with double filament ( Frazer you were right !!) so it shows light orange as a drive light with a side marker and gets brighter when you indicate!!! Love them!!! couple of pics.....

Vikingxl
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:26
So where are the piccys ?

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:31
struggling now!!

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:31
getting there!

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:32
This shows the left hand indy on to compare brightness!

BlackBeast
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:40
I bet you some idiot will get confused and will crash into you cause they think you are turning the opposite way in which you are going lol. Look good thought TFB :D

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 22:56
kinda thought that myself but dont think marker lights are illegal in UK....the pic doesnt really show it but the indicator operation is very bright and un mistakeable !! I hope !!!

T5SLAVE
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 23:03
Very neat m8, where d'ya get 'em?

Vikingxl
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 23:05
Lights look good FB but you are a troll lol

Matt30462
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 23:06
I bet you some idiot will get confused and will crash into you cause they think you are turning the opposite way in which you are going lol. Look good thought TFB :D

Gotta say, I very did nearly smash straight into a Land Rover that had a similar effect. I was at a roundabout, finished work, tired. Looking for a signal from the Landy, saw an orange glow from where I expected it and pulled out. The bloke was non to happy. Just be aware, people rarely see the whole picture once they have seen what they expect to see.

Redbrick
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 23:11
Looking good!

Funny how the US boys want the 'Euro' look and now the Brits are going for the 'US' look.

Maybe you should have swopped with someone.

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 23:14
Looking good!

Maybe you should have swopped with someone.

;) The right way of thinking there Redbrick !!!

Just waiting on my Volvo badges to replace the side repeaters now !! Unfortunately the US boys dont want to swap side repeaters for badges!!!

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 23:17
Very neat m8, where d'ya get 'em?

America funnily enough! LOL

T5SLAVE
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 23:27
America funnily enough! LOL

Ha bl**dy ha, LOL!

Where exactly d'ya buy 'em, the reason I ask is cos we all know how much the quality of such items can vary? U r obviously happy with the quality of these units otherwise u wouldn'y b showin 'em off?!

Cheers, Mark.

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 23:31
Couldnt resist that Mark !! LOL

They are genuine Volvo units and was lucky enough to be sorted out with a deal with a guy over the water with European spec ones. Like Redbrick says , its strange they cant wait to get the euro look on their cars!! Was talking to Fraz other day and we recalled the old 245 Volvos that had big square lights but in America they had quadruple lights that were so much smarter but not available here ...strange!

T5SLAVE
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 23:42
Cool cool, cheers FB..I'll b doin some more searchin then...

arbee
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 23:53
great stuff, really alters the front end. a good choice imo :)

fraz13
Thursday 27th July 2006, 00:48
The daddy Scotty :D a likey lots :P

T5SLAVE
Thursday 27th July 2006, 23:20
Am I gettin close FB?...
http://www.ipdusa.com/ProductsCat.aspx?CategoryID=1335&NodeID=4080&RootID=629

'95R
Friday 28th July 2006, 06:31
Not close AT ALL :Handshake

I can help arrange a trade program for the Euro/US spec lights, we have a few people here who are more than willing to trade for the lights, and I have no problem at all helping setup these trades.

Glad you like your lights Scotty, I will try to get you a set of Volvo side badges though to match :)

T5SLAVE
Friday 28th July 2006, 06:47
Not close AT ALL :Handshake

I can help arrange a trade program for the Euro/US spec lights, we have a few people here who are more than willing to trade for the lights, and I have no problem at all helping setup these trades.

Glad you like your lights Scotty, I will try to get you a set of Volvo side badges though to match :)

That sounds ideal m8! PM me or just tell me on this thread what u want me 2 do as I really want some o them there side lights:biggrin:

Thanx again...look 4ward 2 sortin it out.
Mark.

'95R
Friday 28th July 2006, 07:12
Anyone interested in a swap for US spec lights, please e-mail me so I can have your information and I can arrange swaps with people here in the US.

carson@volvospeed.com

T5ER
Friday 28th July 2006, 08:23
I think they look the nuts mate,well done very good choice

The Flying Banana
Friday 28th July 2006, 09:44
The cat is out the bag now then!!! Yep , all down to Carson and and top job job too, again the power of these forums is phenominal, mailed Carson, he got itr sorted and they are on , so if you want to COPY me LOL get Carson mailed!!!

Thanks Carson anyway, I am delighted with these !!

Funny think was i sent the guy who swapped with me a pic of them on my car saying how good they looked but TBH he would have been looking at a standard pic of a Volvo for him with no mods!!!!LOL

arbee
Friday 28th July 2006, 15:15
Copy my idea? ;) :)

would love to see these on a gul. How about you post on swedespeed (a mainly US ovlov website) and offer a swap. The Euro look is pretty popular in the US, i reckon you'd get a taker and that way you both just have to pay postage

I may just copy you mate lol, how much was posting? were there any duty/tax issues?

The Flying Banana
Friday 28th July 2006, 21:13
No Tax or duty issues that i know of..standard parcel price to America..not very heavy so that helps .. if you are going to do it beware ..i have had a tug already and only been on 2 nights ...police are not entirely sure of the legalities of an orange light constantly showing ..i argued that V40s etc had side markers and the indicator was still operable ...he pulled me as he thought it was a bad earth !!!! I am off to visit the MOT centre 2moro to see what the score is ... infact i may go up town to night and ask traffic what they think

nobananas
Friday 28th July 2006, 22:23
I would check with traffic and your M.O.T tester as often whats okay with one ain't always okay with the other ! They do look rather good though !

arbee
Friday 28th July 2006, 23:55
yeah keep us posted on the legal side :)

unijoe
Saturday 29th July 2006, 07:56
im one of carsons friends from the us. i hope to be seeing my lights and badges on one of your cars soon!

i'm one in the us ready to trade one bulb corners and badges for markers and dual bulb corners!

ttyl. joe.

T5SLAVE
Saturday 29th July 2006, 09:14
Hi Joe,

I've sent ya a PM explainin my situation...maybe it'll b my lights u'll b usin soon, LOL!

Oh BTW, welcome 2 the forum...stick a newbie post up in the New members section if u like:)

L8rs,
Mark.

S70T5
Wednesday 2nd August 2006, 13:15
I've had these on my car for over 2 years and haven't had a problem, even the local Volvo dealer didn't comment on them durning the MOT!:)

Chris

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 2nd August 2006, 14:23
mines too... the guy I know said they would not pose any prob at all and are completely legal to pass MOT .

barberecpw
Tuesday 15th August 2006, 19:52
Ha bl**dy ha, LOL!

Where exactly d'ya buy 'em, the reason I ask is cos we all know how much the quality of such items can vary? U r obviously happy with the quality of these units otherwise u wouldn'y b showin 'em off?!

Cheers, Mark.

try this..

http://www.partstrain.com/products/ShopBody/Corner_Light/1995~VOLVO~850~5~2.3~850-T-001.html

barbs :santa: