PDA

View Full Version : Some Ba**ard nicked me T5!

macV70R
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 17:32
A friend of mine was using the T5 and when he got upto go to work this morning the steed was gone:worried:

Got the cops over and they said it had been spotted through the night filling up at a garage and doin a runner.:cop:

Christ knows how they got it, it was locked immobilised and had a cobra alarm on it:confused:

Anyway the insurance will probably try and rob me on my claim no doubt.
He said its worth market value...anybody know what it will be worth?

850 t5
Saloon
Totally std
leather etc

I'm gonna miss it. It was crazy.

????

Mac

T5ER
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 17:44
A friend of mine was using the T5 and when he got upto go to work this morning the steed was gone:worried:

Got the cops over and they said it had been spotted through the night filling up at a garage and doin a runner.:cop:

Christ knows how they got it, it was locked immobilised and had a cobra alarm on it:confused:

Anyway the insurance will probably try and rob me on my claim no doubt.
He said its worth market value...anybody know what it will be worth?

850 t5
Saloon
Totally std
leather etc

I'm gonna miss it. It was crazy.

????

Mac
£1200-£1700/£1800 depends on condition and milage

t5owner
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 17:47
Sodding gutted for you mate

I thought our cars were un-nickable due to the volvo immobiliser thingy in the key and ignition barrel which would thwart most car theives unless they know how to bypass that which it would seem in your case they must have

Cheers and i hope you get a decent payout for it

Stuart

After_Shock
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 18:13
That really bad news.

How much did you pay for it?

Find a few in garages near by and see how much they are selling for, always a good argument with the insurance company saying you need a similar amount to put yourself in a like for like car.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 18:15
So sorry to hear that!! Bloody scumbags!!

x

Rufe
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 18:16
Most insurance companies will ask for proof of adverts for cars of the same spec local to you. What ever you do, dont take the first offer, allways push for more, as they will try to get it down as much as possible.

madpierre
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 18:47
I am gutted for you mate, Christ I hate car thieves! Fingers crossed for a good payout mate.

macV70R
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 18:54
That really bad news.

How much did you pay for it?

Find a few in garages near by and see how much they are selling for, always a good argument with the insurance company saying you need a similar amount to put yourself in a like for like car.

I was lucky when I bought it...I paid £1450.00 for it.
It was a bargain I thought at the time.

Mac.

BlackBeast
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 19:05
I thought they had nicked your v70!!!

N Gauge Modeller
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 19:24
Tough break Mac. Keep an eye out on eBay for parts...they have a habit of getting stripped down and sold for spares. Mate of mine lost an RS500 and saw bits in the computerised car boot sale. Cops traced the seller and got the thieves!!!
By the way, did you ever get round to sending me a PM on the exhaust? If so never got it Cheers, Bob

TheButler
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 20:10
My sister just kept pushing the insurance company when someone written off her ford fiesta a couple of years ago ( her car was parked and a van ran into it). She eventually got £1200 out of the car (exactly what she paid) so as said Rufe says just keep pushing for more it does work ;)

Rufe
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 20:23
My sister just kept pushing the insurance company when someone written off her ford fiesta a couple of years ago ( her car was parked and a van ran into it). She eventually got £1200 out of the car (exactly what she paid) so as said Rufe says just keep pushing for more it does work ;)
You have the chance to decline the offer 3 times, say for eg they offered you bottom book, you could go for middle book, if you decline that, then the final offer would be top book.

If you decline top book you have to find proof that the offer that you want is justified and this is usualy done by finding 3 adverts for the same make, model and spec, similar mileage etc, as the car that you are claiming for, and within a 30 mile radius of your home address. You then have to send those into your insurance company and if they think those adverts are justified then they will pay you what the highest advert was. If not, they will tell you to write to the FSA with your complaint and then the FSA will contact your insurance company with your complaint in which your insurance company's claims dept will look into it further and have 21 days to do this. If your insurance company still stand by the offer they have made then they will write back to the FSA with the reasons why they think its justified and if the FSA are happy with the response from your insurance company, they will stand by your insurance company. The FSA will allways take an unbiased middle man approach on things which is fair to both parties involved.

^^ Typed by Lottie, my misses, who works as an insurance claims advisor.

macV70R
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 21:27
Had a call from the police and they have got the car in a compound.
I have to go down tomorrow to see what the damage is.
We found a screwdriver in the garden where it was taken, so they must of used it to get in.

BEST BIT is the little **** was caught in the car and hes been arrested.

Lets hope its just a few locks to change.

For a moment there I was nearly down to just my T4 and V70R :thewave:

Cheers for the support!

I will keep you posted tomorrow. Lets hope they jail the little F***ers.:cop:

Tomcat
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 21:32
Result!!, glad to hear that your getting it back. Just hope theres not too much damage on it.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 21:59
Great news about catching the little ****!!!!

x

markt4
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 22:24
great news and if you want back up , find out off the police when hes up for twoc and we will turn up at court,get his address and then pay him a visit

:ready2go: :ready2go: :ready2go: :ready2go: :buttkick: :finger: :bullwhip: :bricks: :blowingup :tombstone

T5ER
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 22:57
Had a call from the police and they have got the car in a compound.
I have to go down tomorrow to see what the damage is.
We found a screwdriver in the garden where it was taken, so they must of used it to get in.

BEST BIT is the little **** was caught in the car and hes been arrested.

Lets hope its just a few locks to change.

For a moment there I was nearly down to just my T4 and V70R :thewave:

Cheers for the support!

I will keep you posted tomorrow. Lets hope they jail the little F***ers.:cop:
Excellent news mate shame you are so far away or i would have popped up and shown the little tosser how to put a screwdriver away :saythat:

After_Shock
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 23:24
Excellent result very glad for you on that!

did they give any indication of the damage on the car if any?

Rufe
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 00:27
awesome stuff mate, dont often hear of people getting their cars back so quickly, if at all, and them having the bloke that done it too is one hell of a bonus as they never seem to get caught. :)

madpierre
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 02:59
So chuffed you got a result so quickly! Would be very satisfying to get this idiots address, and have a quiet word with him... Would love to put my faith in our legal system, and even though I hate to be cynical... he will probably get a 6 month ban (to the licence he probably doesn't even have yet) and at least 3 or 4 hours community service..
Will the car thieves of today ever realise that every car they steal is someones pride and joy? something they have worked, scrimped and saved for? (we need to educate these people)
I am a 22 year Soldier who has spent his life defending the less fortunate, I am losing faith in my own country concerning our youth, we are too weak willed with them, and that will be our downfall. My sincerest apologies, the thought of my car being stolen by some scumbag really gets my goat! am off my soap box now.
I am 'as happy as larry' you got her back mate.
all the very best,
madpierre

macV70R
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 06:36
goin over to to cop shop today to see what sort of damage there is on it.
I would imagine that the steering column and lock barrel will be smashed.

Will have to wait and see, keep you posted

Mac.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 12:51
How did they get around the induction loop on the ignition?

Nevermind. Very pleased to hear that he was caught and you will have your motor back.

Al115
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 13:30
Excellent news - and even better that they got the thieving scumbag at the same time! Result. Hope she's not in bad shape.

Pandamedic
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 17:30
Glad you got it back. Yep would like to know how they managed to get away with it. A Mechanic i know said crims love stealing volvo's especially the T5s etc. Coz they are really fast and match the police, the are strong as f*** and like to use the rear of the cars to ram raid places, open up the boot chuck it all in and the drive off. Been thinking about investing in a rac tracker for ages

Baj
Thursday 27th July 2006, 00:42
Keep us posted on the damage, how they did it and what happens to them.

Yay for cops doing their job for a change