PDA

View Full Version : Please,please Help

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 17:29
Hello Everybody,just Need Your Help,badly!

My Car Has Been Going Fine,but Just Going Down The Road And,then Suddenly,the Car Was Really Slugish.it Happended Instantly,as If Somebody Has Flicked A Switch,now The Car Idles For About 6-8 Seconds Then Dies.

I Am Really Scared Because I Got The Aa Out And He Didn't Know What It Was,looked In The Haynes Manual And Under Fault Finding,most Things Point To An Inlet Vacuum Or Something.

And He Messed About With Some Breather Pipes,so Now I Don't Know Where They Go,it S A Nightmare...........

If Anybody Lives In The Leicester Area,and Has A T5,can I Come And Show You,because I Am Sure You Know More Than Me.

The Car Drives,but Really Struggling But At Least I Can See Where The Wires Are Meant To Be,and You Might Tell Whats Wrong.

If Anyone Can Shed And Light On This,please Do,i Am Feeling Really Depressed At The Minute..........!

Or Call Me On 07875 286380

Thanks

Henry

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 17:30
I Live In Leicester,not Notingham!!!!!!!!

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 17:55
Everything Seems To Have Got Louder And Petrol Seems A Bit High,
You Can Really Hear Hissing Like A Dumpo Valve.

Somebody Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 17:57
The Car Has Hardly Any Power,either Accelerating,feels Like No Fuel Is Getting Through,that Kind Of Feeling.

And The Triangle Light Is On As Well,on The Dash

Justin
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 18:07
Try looking for a split turbo hose, or maybe one has come off, also check the intercooler hasnt cracked mate.

Tomcat
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 18:19
If the Green\orange triangle has come on then you have a problem with the oxygen sensor\cat. If you have a hose off or split it will be running rich which is why the warning light has appeared. Also the hose being off \split would explain the hissing sound you are hearing. Try not to run it too much until you get it fixed as running it rich all the time will knacker the cat up.

glock19
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 20:44
First check your dash illuminations and a row of lights before cranking the engine. You should be see the above mentioned green/orange triangle lamp. If not, the bulb has either blown or taken off. Then you won't know the whole picture. Next please give comments on your in-dash turbo gauge (if yours a 850-T5), does it go to the white patch (past 12 o'clock) ?

Mrsmopp
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 20:49
The car is running on limp home mode - I am going over there tomorrow afternoon to see if we can at least get all the pipes back in the right place! Dave what you up to tomorrow?

x

Tomcat
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 21:35
Aw bless I'm fillin' up. S'nice to see members rushing around to help somebody in distress :D

lance
Sunday 3rd April 2005, 00:17
The car is running on limp home mode - I am going over there tomorrow afternoon to see if we can at least get all the pipes back in the right place! Dave what you up to tomorrow?

x

Bless you!
If I can help at all, ie a trip to salvo, tools or an opion ring me!

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 3rd April 2005, 00:48
Sadly I am unavailable - I am off to Cambridgecestershire to help Andrew (Cardwell) with his AT, airbox, brakes - the list is extensive.

Andrew
Sunday 3rd April 2005, 09:34
Sadly I am unavailable - I am off to Cambridgecestershire to help Andrew (Cardwell) with his AT, airbox, brakes - the list is extensive.

Well there's no point in dragging him all the way down here and then only use his talents for 60 minutes eh people :)

He'll be here and I'll have him and his expertise cornered. :)

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Sunday 3rd April 2005, 11:03
The Dash Light (green Triangle Is On)

The Turbo Just Stops Before The White(just Before 12 Oclock)

The Car Has No Power Really,i Put My Foot Down Yesterday,and It Just Crawled Up To About 30-40 Mph

Anyway,hopefully The Problem Will Be Sorted Today,mrsmopp Is Coming Over And Fingers Crossed.

Can I Just Say,that It Is Brilliant,to Put A Post On Here And Have People Replying And Helping Me.

You Are A Cool Lot,
Just Hope Problem Is Minor!

See Ya

siamblue
Sunday 3rd April 2005, 15:27
T5 :smlove2:

Bracer
Monday 4th April 2005, 10:24
All sorted ?

Mrsmopp
Monday 4th April 2005, 10:27
It wasn't anything simple I'm afraid - we fiddled poked and prodded but a good service a a few new parts it what the old girl needs so she is on her way to see Pengally's in Notts!

x

Bracer
Monday 4th April 2005, 11:33
It wasn't anything simple I'm afraid - we fiddled poked and prodded but a good service a a few new parts it what the old girl needs so she is on her way to see Pengally's in Notts!

x

Ta for the up date Nat, just shout if I can do anything :cop:

lance
Monday 4th April 2005, 11:50
Atleast we got the pipes round the right way (bloody aa man)
we suspect the idle control solenoid is faulty + the dizzy cap looked oiled up , so a good service should see her right

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Monday 4th April 2005, 13:13
WELL,THATS IT,IT'S UPTO TO DAVE PENGELLY NOW!!!!

THE CAR HAS BEEN DROPPED OFF,AND IAN SAID THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOOK AT IT TOMORROW.

THIS HAS COME AT A REALLY BAD TIME,DUE TO MY NEW SEASON OF RACING STARTING AT THRUXTON LAST WEEK.

BUT IT IS MY OWN FAULT,I SHOULD HAVE HAD IT SERVICED,BUT I JUST CHANGED THE OIL.

ANOTHER LESSON LEARNED

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME. :jaw:

Bracer
Monday 4th April 2005, 13:16
WELL,THATS IT,IT'S UPTO TO DAVE PENGELLY NOW!!!!

THE CAR HAS BEEN DROPPED OFF,AND IAN SAID THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOOK AT IT TOMORROW.

THIS HAS COME AT A REALLY BAD TIME,DUE TO MY NEW SEASON OF RACING STARTING AT THRUXTON LAST WEEK.

BUT IT IS MY OWN FAULT,I SHOULD HAVE HAD IT SERVICED,BUT I JUST CHANGED THE OIL.

ANOTHER LESSON LEARNED

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME. :jaw:

Nice one buddy hope it all goes well.

Just one thing :wow: with the CAP's mate ;)