PDA

View Full Version : front fog lights

rossmanabz
Saturday 22nd July 2006, 17:30
hello people,i am new to this site and wondering if anyone can help me.I own a 2000 (phase 1)v40 t4 and have fitted front fog lights and new switch but still cant get them to work,i was advised that i need to upgrade the software in the car ,so i went to the local volvo dealership but they said it cant be done .Can any of you experts out there help me??

T5ER
Saturday 22nd July 2006, 20:03
Did they say why it could not be done???? did they have a look at it for you???.
Is the relay ok,fuses,do you have power to the switch if so do you have power to the fogs

Rufe
Saturday 22nd July 2006, 21:48
there is not an application software needed for your V40, so must be a problem elsewhere.

i would check to see that you have the correct switch first.

can you tell me the correct model year of the car (click here to see how to get correct model year (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3876&highlight=model)) and can you tell me the part number that is on the back of the headlamp switch pack. at least by doing that i will be able to tell you if you definitely have the correct switch or not, as there a few different options of switches for cars around that year

rossmanabz
Sunday 23rd July 2006, 10:12
there is not an application software needed for your V40, so must be a problem elsewhere.

i would check to see that you have the correct switch first.

can you tell me the correct model year of the car (click here to see how to get correct model year (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3876&highlight=model)) and can you tell me the part number that is on the back of the headlamp switch pack. at least by doing that i will be able to tell you if you definitely have the correct switch or not, as there a few different options of switches for cars around that year
hi Rufe,the tenth digit in my vin number is Y and the part number of the switch i have is 308001853-RH (is that the right number or is it PA-GF+GB30) is there a chance that i have the incorrect switch many thanks for your help in this matter,Regards rossmanabz

rossmanabz
Sunday 23rd July 2006, 11:46
that does sound feasible because the garage that fitted the fog lights and the switch said that there is no power going to the fog lights but yet the switch is working evetything else.i have just taken the switch out of the housing and found another number on the switch itself the number is 30818138 is that any help (i am sorry but i know very little about cars)

Rufe
Monday 24th July 2006, 00:10
oops, i only just realised that you had replied.

the part number you need for the 2000 model year, which you have, is 30862852. the part number on your switch (30818138) is listed for models up to 1998. there are different switches listed for vehicles up to 1998, then another one for 1999, then another again for 2000, then another for 2001 and newer. i would say the switch now sounds like its likely to be the wrong one.

i will cross reference the part numbers tommorow (monday) at work, just to be 100% ok

rossmanabz
Monday 24th July 2006, 17:26
oops, i only just realised that you had replied.

the part number you need for the 2000 model year, which you have, is 30862852. the part number on your switch (30818138) is listed for models up to 1998. there are different switches listed for vehicles up to 1998, then another one for 1999, then another again for 2000, then another for 2001 and newer. i would say the switch now sounds like its likely to be the wrong one.

i will cross reference the part numbers tommorow (monday) at work, just to be 100% ok
thank you VERY much for your help in this matter
regards rossmanabz

Rufe
Monday 24th July 2006, 17:59
ok mate, sorry to say but you have definitely got the wrong switch.

i double checked with the volvo system in work today to see if the number you had superseded to the number you need, but it doesnt.

hope you get this sorted out, and get the correct switch. the number you are looking for is going to be 30862852 mate :)

rossmanabz
Monday 24th July 2006, 18:25
i will go into the local volvo dealership and get the new switch this week and i will be in touch to tell you the good news
many many thanks for your time in this matter
Regards rossmanabz

rossmanabz
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 18:48
bought second hand switch (new from volvo is £113) but still no joy and it is the right number .There is new bulbs in the lights has anyone got any ideas sorry to be a pain