PDA

View Full Version : No Oil Pressure warning

Cueball_MOB
Friday 21st July 2006, 18:56
All,

I'd been driving on the Motorway this afternoon with no problems but as I turned off and pulled up at the lights on the roundabout a 'No oil pressure stop engine' message appeared and the oil can symbol light up red.

As I was in no position to stop the engine at that point I set off looking for somewhere to pull over. But as soon as I set off the message went off and so did the red symbol. Being very close to home I carried on with no problems until I stopped at a junction when the message and symbol came on again.

Being only 2 mins from home I chanced it and carried on. Again the message and red symbol went off until I pulled up outside home and they came back on.

There have been no oil stains where I park and no other signs of a leak. I've checked the oil level (while engine is hot) and it seems OK.

Does the car need to be cold to check the oil? It didn't on my Rover. Or could there be something else wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Cue

kimbaleeg
Friday 21st July 2006, 19:03
is it an s60 by any chance my mates got a 2.0t s60 had the same probs he had both the oil pressure switchs replaced still did it but only when idleing when you just touch the accelarator it goes out i thought it was idleing to low havent seen him to see if he got it sorted he works away hope this helps abit

Cueball_MOB
Friday 21st July 2006, 19:24
Cheers for the message. It's a V70 T5 2.3 SE.

So do I not worry about it, or worry like hell?

If there is a problem should the message and/or red oil can light stay on permanently?

Cheers

Cue

Tomcat
Friday 21st July 2006, 20:07
I'd get it checked out, if its anything to do with the oil pump you could have an engine failure on your hands.

kimbaleeg
Friday 21st July 2006, 22:05
Cheers for the message. It's a V70 T5 2.3 SE.

So do I not worry about it, or worry like hell?

If there is a problem should the message and/or red oil can light stay on permanently?

Cheers

Cue
deffo get it checked mate had his pressure checked and it was ok but best do the same just in case

DONKEYT5
Friday 21st July 2006, 22:40
HI cue, whats the difference between an se and a normal t5? is yours different to mine?
thanx, Don

Cueball_MOB
Saturday 22nd July 2006, 00:58
HI cue, whats the difference between an se and a normal t5? is yours different to mine?
thanx, Don

Don't think so mate - I'm sure from the brief viewing of yours that you've got an SE.

We'll have to arrange to park them up and compare bits, did that with Dale today and noticed his had cruise control but nothing else different. Except he had bits of trim I didn't and vice versa.

I'll PM you my mobile number and when you are free we'll (you, me and Dale) will get together and compare notes.

Cheers

Cue