PDA

View Full Version : stalling car

kimbaleeg
Friday 21st July 2006, 18:29
hi there just wondered if anyone can help my s70r has a fault.
when at junctions and when idleing now and again it stalls its an auto so this is fun, thought it could be either a dissey cap rotor arm or is it the idle control valve car is 1997 R reg i have changed spark plugs 4000 miles ago any help appreciated in advace its driving me potty. :confused: :confused:

Cueball_MOB
Friday 21st July 2006, 19:01
Mine's a V70 Auto and has stalled a couple of times at very low revs.

I know the ETM needs cleaning and have been quoted £67.50 +vat for it to be done so thought the stalls could be a result of that.

When your car is in idle with the Air Con off does the rev counter needle bounce about between 100 and 600 revs? This isn't every time it's idling, just now and then.

Hope this helps.

Cue

kimbaleeg
Friday 21st July 2006, 19:09
it doesnt move just drops and stalls mine doesnt have etm has throtle cable and i cleand the butterfly valve yesterday when it first happend was told do this by machnic. by the way if your handy with tools its not a bad job to clean this yourself did it on my s80 2.9 its four bolts and comes off just get a new gasket for it clean with some carb clean get this from motor factors also make sure you dont have keys in egnition till its back to gether hope this helps

LeeVTi
Friday 21st July 2006, 20:21
could be an air leak had the same sort of thing on my T4 and found it to be an air leak on 1 of the pipes to the inlet manafold i belive there is a common problem with air leaks on an elbow on T5's somewhere in the air system

kimbaleeg
Saturday 22nd July 2006, 07:43
cheers for that lee going to see my mate at garage to see if he got any ideas only thing is the air leak not do this all the time mine only does it when it gets hot and then not always

kimbaleeg
Saturday 22nd July 2006, 11:49
okbeen to garage and found that you where right lee its possibley the hose which goes to idle valve, i say possibley as its got a split init but mate recons hes never done this one before, he says its usauley the one that goes to turbo. so been to stealers they want £50 and cant order till monday so ive taped it up for time being. but just been on partsforvolvos online and they do a samco kit for my car for £130ish just wondered what anybody thought ov this as i may as well replace them all for that price thanks in anticipation :snail:

LeeVTi
Saturday 22nd July 2006, 12:52
no problem for the info, samco's are always good if you can get them

kimbaleeg
Friday 28th July 2006, 20:32
hi all update on the stalling car after replaceing three pipes and alot ov this week scrating my head ive taken the plunge and ordered a maf sensor today getting it in the morning hope this fixes it at last been to see mate at volvo and he reconons its that cause the two fault codes its the only thing in comon between them last resort though cost £200 today :confused: :cussing: :icon_soap
another update stealer ordered wrong maf sensor so have to wait till monday for right one still means ive got weekend off work haha