PDA

View Full Version : V70 main light switch unit

Tony Robinson
Friday 21st July 2006, 00:02
Hello all,
I bought a 1998(R) V70 recently and whilst driving it home last night the lights went out!
I've removed the light switch unit and noticed that the moulded plastic around the square cutouts in the housing, that retain the switch has disintegrated. The plastic is unbelievably thin.
The AA say that this is a 'Volvo recall item'.
Has anybody else had this problem? Do I just contact my nearest Volvo garage and get a free replacement?
Would you believe we're travelling in this car to France on Monday, could be fun with no lights.
Thanks in advance.
Tony

Rufe
Friday 21st July 2006, 07:12
these are a recall item, and the chances are you may get it for free, especially if it was never done originally. (cant be 100% sure what happens here as i dont ever get involved with warranty side of things).

get on the blower asap to your local volvo dealer and see if they have one, if they haven't, they should be able to get one either today (depending if they are a LDC dealer and you order early enough) or they could get one for tomorow morning. never had a problem ordering these, allways been available in the past. enjoy your trip to france mate, and welcome to the site :)

Tony Robinson
Friday 21st July 2006, 08:39
Thanks alot Rufe, I'll ring them now and see what they say.

Tony

Tony Robinson
Friday 21st July 2006, 12:25
Rufe,
Yes, they were a problem and were recalled.
Unfortunately by the time it reached my chassis number "the problem had been rectified", but they'll get me one for £35!
Thanks,
Tony