PDA

View Full Version : 18" Alloy Wheels

Taylor S60R
Thursday 20th July 2006, 23:09
Does anyone know where I can get a set of 18" BBS Triton Alloy Wheels from? I think they were on some of the later C70's. Searched everywhere.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 20th July 2006, 23:28
Be different - search Rochford tyres and get some unique ones.

BigShrek
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 15:47
http://www.speedzone.co.uk Mangels in black with chrome lip look tidy
http://www.swtyres.co.uk got a a good selection

But Rochford are probably best bet.

aeroresh
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 17:55
Think the 18" Tritons only came on the earlier cars.

Not surprising you cant find them as Volvo stopped producing them in 18" format ages ago 'cos they used to bend easily (or maybe the C70 suspension just wasnt set up right for them:cuckoo: ).

siamblue
Wednesday 26th July 2006, 13:56
Think the 18" Tritons only came on the earlier cars.

Not surprising you cant find them as Volvo stopped producing them in 18" format ages ago 'cos they used to bend easily (or maybe the C70 suspension just wasnt set up right for them:cuckoo: ).

Sorry mate but they do not bend easily, they are BBS and a bloody strong 2 piece wheel, i have hit pot holes galore with 35 profile tyres, and have knocked my tracking out 4 times in the last year because of the state of the roads in my area,
the latter statement maybe ;)

Gary,

aeroresh
Thursday 27th July 2006, 13:15
I heard it from a couple of Volvo dealers that they'd had bending issues with the 18" wheels primarily because the car hadnt been designed from the outset to run on 18" wheels from the factory. Dont think it was anything to do with the quality of the wheel.

Taylor S60R
Thursday 3rd August 2006, 21:41
Thanks for the info guys. My standard ones are being refurbished today. May stick with these for a while.

SaffronC70
Thursday 3rd August 2006, 21:56
Volvo stopped using them as they were not a popular enough option as it made the car's ride less cosseting.

Chris