PDA

View Full Version : Blow Out - and tyre problems!

James Brown
Thursday 20th July 2006, 10:04
Bought the car - it came with a brand new set of Pirelli P6000's on... car was out on the A38 being road tested by the mechanic and Bang! the side blew out of one of the tyres. Fortunately he controlled it and didn't damage the car or rim

Closer inspection and there is damage to a rear tyre too. The my mate (Whose garage it is) said it really doesnt look like impact or kerb damage... so it could be that they were breaking down... which is a bit worrying, given that I have another 2 on the car...

monkey_boy
Thursday 20th July 2006, 11:07
i've had two P6000's do the same, a few years back. I couldnt explain why. Admittadly they where not the same size (or cost) of the 225's but i changed the remainder out!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 20th July 2006, 23:31
Buy Vredesteins Ultracs - Longbridge tyres - A38 - 90 quid a corner for 225/45/17

Be happy to show you how well they work.

Baj
Friday 21st July 2006, 00:27
Be happy to show you how well they work.

Not very well on grass :haha:

dreadly
Friday 21st July 2006, 09:39
I have today found a great big split down the sidewall on my P6000 :(
It's about half an inch long, I will get a photo, there is no other tyre damage and about 7mm of tread.
It looks like the tyre has just started to come apart!

Why Pirelli Why?

I think these tyre have a fault, maybe it's worth contacting VOSA?

James Brown
Friday 21st July 2006, 13:32
Well done for checking - saved yourself potential accident.

Probably same batch as mine. I'm sending them off to the tyre association to be looked at. I hope I'll get a refund! (but I doubt it). The worst thing is I have 2 more on the car and I'll have to watch them very closely (but theres no easy telling what the inside side wall is like, as the splits start small)

dan f
Monday 24th July 2006, 11:24
Hi James mate.
I have found the best tyre I have used to be Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 XL's. (XL=eXtra Load).
About £135 a corner fitted and balanced, but well worth it IMO.
Glad you and your car are OK, that could have been nasty.
Later,
Dan.