PDA

View Full Version : Back seats collapsable?

flyinglemur
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 16:44
Hi,

In the 850 T5, are the back seats collapsable? ie. do they go down as they do often in hatchbacks?

L

Andrew
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 17:34
Hi,

In the 850 T5, are the back seats collapsable? ie. do they go down as they do often in hatchbacks?

L

Yes they are - the bit your bum sits on lifts up hinged at the front - then on each side of the seats is a little switch/toggle you push to release the locking mechanism, fold the headrests fordward and the seats lay flat

flyinglemur
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 17:35
Cool. then, Volvos having big boots, the space must be measured in Acres

Andrew
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 17:39
Cool. then, Volvos having big boots, the space must be measured in Acres

It gets better.
In my estate the front passenger seat can fold completly flat and move forward under the dash meaning you can get a plank of wood in no problem :)

T5ER
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 18:14
It gets better.
In my estate the front passenger seat can fold completly flat and move forward under the dash meaning you can get a plank of wood in no problem :)
my passenger seat does that to????

flyinglemur
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 18:22
Lol I wonder, if mine does this. Pickign it up tomorrow guys

M44K TS
Thursday 20th July 2006, 19:30
is yours a saloon or estae that you're getting?

lance
Thursday 20th July 2006, 19:43
Ive had doors in the back of an 850 saloon with the seats down no problem

T-5ones
Thursday 20th July 2006, 19:52
Once you find those two levers on the underside of the passengers seat next to the hinges you'll be using them all the time!

The bottom seats also come out if you flip the red tags at the hinges when the bottom seat is folded forward.

This means the backs of the seats go slightly lower when folded down and there is no ridge behind the drivers seat (the back edge of the bottom seat sticks up slightly.)

V usefull when wardrobes are to be shifted and you need just that extra bit of room.

Well designed piece of kit.

Babybadger
Friday 21st July 2006, 14:35
I have to admit, I am too scared to use the front passenger seat in case i screw the cable up that adjusts the seat back (electric)! I have had this replaced before and luckily it was done under warranty!

flyinglemur
Friday 21st July 2006, 18:11
Cool. I'ma go try. just got Meguiars Rich Leather conditioner :D

T-5ones
Friday 21st July 2006, 19:32
I 've been meaning to ask someone about that subject...
Is Megs Rich leather conditioner the one that smells nice and, leathery?
When I got the (new to me) car it smelled fantastic, like new leather.
Any ideas?

flyinglemur
Saturday 22nd July 2006, 02:14
I'll put it on tomorrow, and let you know

M44K TS
Saturday 22nd July 2006, 13:51
i'm confused. Does the rear seat base (the bit your arse hits) fold forward in the saloon 850's like in the estates?

I know my dads old estate used to, but can't seem to get mine (saloon ) to do the same

T-5ones
Saturday 22nd July 2006, 17:24
Thanks psychobiker.

T5mark, Im sure they do. Look for the small black pull cord at the back of the bottom seat. I had to slightly lean on the P1 V70 seat near catch the when pulling the cord as the catch seemed to be slightly under tension.

Tim