PDA

View Full Version : Water loss

Tomcat
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 21:26
Help.....

My car seems to have developed a mysterious water leak, I thought it was down to having an old 'Grey' style filler cap that was leaking. This has now been replaced for a brand new expansion tank and cap, however the leak remains.
Its using approximately a tank full over a couple of days, there are no obvious leaks, there's no mayo in the oil(so hopefully its not head gaskette).

Today however it seems to have gotten worse, its used a tank full in a day, I filled it up before I left for work this morning. and when I got in the car to come home the low water light came straight back on.

Any ideas anyone???, please!

T5ER
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 21:30
poss h/gasket poss water pump could be a slight split in a pipe.Best thing is to fill it and get it pressure tested mate and also if no leaks appear get a head gasket test done

Tomcat
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 22:16
I really hope its not the head gaskette, I can't afford what I got charged last time I had one done, it cost me £600!!!!

I'll have to nip it into somewhere over the weekend, cheers for your advice.

T5ER
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 22:30
No worries mate allways glad to try and help

BlackBeast
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 22:32
TC, are you filling it with water only? Remember to check for water in the footwells, maybe your heater matrix is leaking and you dont notice the water cause the carpet is rubber lined.

Andrew
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 22:45
TC, are you filling it with water only? Remember to check for water in the footwells, maybe your heater matrix is leaking and you dont notice the water cause the carpet is rubber lined.

Also anything on the floor - there is a small screw at the back of the engine about half way down that my 850 was spewing water out. Apparently it's used for getting all the water out of the engine and it had just worked it's way loose.

Vikingxl
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 10:00
Sounds like heater Matrix to me amate Ive just had mine done last week