PDA

View Full Version : Scraping Noise - O/S front Wheel

Rodders
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 16:22
Hi all

I have recently replaced the front disks and pads on my 1995 855 T5 with ATE parts from Eurocar Parts. All seemed fine, however now when I go slowly around a left hand bend with approaching full lock on, I get a metallic scraping noise from the offside front wheel. Thinking the pistol must be sticky in the calliper, I have rebuilt the front callipers and replaced all the rubber bushes the calliper pins bolt through into the calliper. No good still making the noise. I have checked for play in the front wheel bearing and all appears OK.

What am I missing here guys...surely this can't be that difficult to fix...

Many thanks in advance

Rodders

stuAWD
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 16:25
Check your arch liners, maybe one has slipped & catching tyre. Then again, prob's not, but worth looking.

Babybadger
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 09:57
If this happens on full lock on the steering, check the steering bump stops are greased, this is fairly common and if this doesnt work, then at least you have ruled it out. Does it happen round faster bends? Look at the shock top mounts as well, and play in the lower control arms. Does it happen when not on the brakes going round the corner?

nobananas
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 18:52
Obvious I know but check the brake back-plate isn't sitting too close to the disc.

Rodders
Tuesday 25th July 2006, 17:16
Thanks guys I'll check these things out...