PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing an 850 T5 ?

TheButler
Monday 17th July 2006, 23:33
I am new to the whole T5 thing and have not yet got a car. My question is 'How/where did you source your cars ?' and if you don't mind saying how much you paid for it then please do. I need to get an idea of how much they are and where to find a cheap one :)

I am trying to find one as cheap as possible ( I am poor :P ) and don't mind the odd bit of work with damaged bits (bodypanels or generally bits that aren't working/broken). As i say my budget is around £1000, is this crazy and not going to happen ?? If there is already a thread about this can you give me a link as i can't seem to find one that has the answer or at least the answer in so few words :)

Vikingxl
Monday 17th July 2006, 23:39
Mine cost a lot more than that but the market has dropped right off so its not unrealistic to find something in your budget .The only thing is that a car on that budget is probably gonna cost a few quid to put right and run.
Finding one is a matter of using every means you can auto trader,this forum,local papers,word of mouth its just a matter of keeping looking.I gave up the first time i was looking,went away for twelve months started looking again and found the car in two days.

Good luck with it mate and if you do find one see if anyone on here can spare a little time to come and see it with you and see what they think!

t5tart
ebay
lol

loads on there

thunderace
here

ebay

autotrader

plenty of threads, look under cars for sale on main page for starters

t5tart
Monday 17th July 2006, 23:40
in fact there is onee thats just had a clutch fitted
red estate 850
bit tatty on the interior and a couple of dings iirc its only 2-300

T5 Ben
Monday 17th July 2006, 23:45
Try pistonheads.com mate,there are a couple on there around your price.

Good luck.

Ben.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 11:03
Have you checked in our for sale section cos I am sure there is an 850 T5 in there for a grand??

x

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 11:10
Aha!! http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t11767-280-rica-850.html

x

T5ER
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 12:23
I am new to the whole T5 thing and have not yet got a car. My question is 'How/where did you source your cars ?' and if you don't mind saying how much you paid for it then please do. I need to get an idea of how much they are and where to find a cheap one :)

I am trying to find one as cheap as possible ( I am poor :P ) and don't mind the odd bit of work with damaged bits (bodypanels or generally bits that aren't working/broken). As i say my budget is around £1000, is this crazy and not going to happen ?? If there is already a thread about this can you give me a link as i can't seem to find one that has the answer or at least the answer in so few words :)
I bought my 96 `N`reg dark olive pearl green one with 130k on the clock and 9 alloys for £700 then spent over £300 to get it through the mot then about another £250 since.I was very lucky to get mine at that price

TheButler
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 10:17
Thanks alot for all of the help. Unfortunatly finding a T5 in Scotland(via AutoTrader and local ads) is proving itself difficult with all of them being quite substantially over my budget. As for the link someone gave me to a car in the for sale section of this site i was actually quite interested in this one a couple of weeks ago (emailed the guy and everything) but i want an estate and that is a saloon :( I am still going on ebay very regularly trying to find one but I have to also take into consideration the cost of getting to it if it is quite far down England. I just went to Goodwood FOS the other weekend and frankly can't be arsed doing that drive again. It cost me around £200 in LPG to get down and back up, ok so that was not that bad i suppose. Anyway i'll keep looking around and hopefully i'll get my hands on one before they are classed as classics.