PDA

View Full Version : More strange noises- S40!!

carrotchomper
Monday 17th July 2006, 17:24
Hello again,

Thanks for the suggestions on the Lambda light issue, that's in hand.

I have isolated the other weird clicking noise to the air recirculation button. When you switch it on or off there is a loud, rythmic clicking in the middle of the dashboard for about 5-10secs, then it stops. It does this when you switch on the ignition too, probably because of the automatic air recirculation or something.

It it possible to get to the "Gate" or whatever inside the dashboard that this button controls? It's probably only clicked out of place or something and I'd far rather sort it out myself, if it's simple. I just can't see how one would stuff their hands in really.

It just really sounds like it's trying but failing, and the noise is driving me chicken oriental!

Also, anyone know how to turn the bloody running lights off on a `98 S40? I'm well hacked off with getting flashed all the time...

Cheers then

:anmflower

T-5ones
Monday 17th July 2006, 18:14
"Also, anyone know how to turn the bloody running lights off on a `98 S40? I'm well hacked off with getting flashed all the time..."

Try checking the height of dipped beam, even if you have running lights on they shouldnt bother other drivers.

In my '98 v70 there was a wee slot'd screw head, on the switch, (below right of the knob i think) which could be turned as you desired, running lights or not. If not, sorry, I'm sure you'll get a reply from someone who knows about these things.

GATHY
Monday 17th July 2006, 18:42
on my old phase 2 you pulled out the lightswitch switch and turned them off with the ignition on dont know if the 98 ones the same but its worth a try kid

Enigma666
Monday 17th July 2006, 21:26
Can't be done on a 98 mate have looked for over a year now... can be done from Volvo, they sell a new switch with the small connecting strip of wire pre-cut so u dont have to do it yourself.
You could always get an old one from a scrappy and cut it yourself