PDA

View Full Version : Help

anogg3
Saturday 15th July 2006, 21:19
My p2 t5 had the head gasket replaced as it was throwing all its water out and mixing the water and oil. It has been put back together and is still doing the same thing. Got told that if its got hot then its 99% going to be cracked head in water ways. But cant be sure might be cracked block. What the hell do i do with it? How much are new heads or recon ones? How much are engines for it? Any help would be great coz i really hate my volvo at this time!!!:worthless

poochingaround
Saturday 15th July 2006, 21:53
Have you had the cylinder head pressure tested and skimmed prior to re-assembly .If not i would proceed and do so .I would immagine a certain degree of warpage has occured during its initial failure .Any good engine reconditioning workshop will carry out these essential checks for you .If in the eventuality that your head is cracked seek additional advice on the forum.Someone MAY have a part or a location of one.Hope this helps.

anogg3
Saturday 15th July 2006, 21:55
Thank you. It was skimmed but not pressure tested.

BlackBeast
Saturday 15th July 2006, 22:18
Doh, bet your kicking yourself that you didnt pay that little bit extra. If yours does turn out to be cracked, then phone Salvo (members of this site get a 10% discount iirc) and get a 2nd hand head. Then go through it all again, pressure test and skim.