PDA

View Full Version : s60 2.4lpt boost problem

GATHY
Saturday 15th July 2006, 15:57
hi folks
just dont 1200 miles round scotland(highlands fort william etc) this week in my mates 2002 24lpt as mine was in for a servicing this week

the car run fine and goes very well except for a slight fault i picked up with it
the owner drives it normally and as never noticed the problem until i pointed it out to him

the car as no fault codes and as no other issues with the car
the problem is :
under acceleration most noticably in 3rd i can feel the turbo helping it then it seems to die and then kick back in it does it all the way up the rev range
it feels like a flat spot or surging

just wondered if anybody had any ideas or if its supposed to be like that
i thought it was a problem hence why im scratching my head as it just doesnt feel right it feels like its losing power then recovering then losing the recovering under boost although the car goes well all the way up to 151mph

thought id ask as hes wanting to get a bsr pcc to take it up to 252 bhp

volvotuning
Saturday 15th July 2006, 16:32
What fuel is he using? The LPT engines really need 98 RON as they are very prone to knock. When tuned you need to run it almost exclusively on 98 ron, otherwise you will struggle to make the power.

Adam.

S70T5Chris
Saturday 15th July 2006, 22:58
Hi Gathy

Sounds very similar to a problem I had. It felt like the turbo was pulsing (on, off, on, off, etc...). I thought It was a split hose, but turned out to be the boost control solanoid. Maybe thats worth checking.

Chris.