rear running true?
etc etc

t5tart
Saturday 15th July 2006, 00:00
4 wheel alignment
new tyres
equal pressures
stock tyre sizes
lowered suspension (but camber ok according to settings)
onlt thing i can think of is maybe a ball joint starting to go

st1t5
Saturday 15th July 2006, 00:26
You sure you dont have a sticky brake caliper, try jacking up each wheel and spinning it to see if it spins freely ...

I recently had this symtoms on my 21 and knackered front brake calipers where the cause.

t5tart
Saturday 15th July 2006, 00:27
You sure you dont have a sticky brake caliper, try jacking up each wheel and spinning it to see if it spins freely ...

I recently had this symtoms on my 21 and knackered front brake calipers where the cause.

yep tried all that too lol

Dacvolvo
Saturday 15th July 2006, 13:39
yep tried all that too lol

Interesting... My friend had the exact same problem with her Volvo S40.

Laser tracking, alloys balanced, wishbone, bearings, new tyres, spacers, psi pressure, etc... We'd checked everything. In the end, a mechanic friend of hers suggested swapping the back alloys with the front ones.

I haven't a clue why, but it worked. Her car was smooth instantly after!

Worth a try.

;)

Andrew
Saturday 15th July 2006, 15:07
It could be you've warped an alloy somehow.

nobananas
Saturday 15th July 2006, 17:36
I used to have exactly the same problem on my Laguna a while ago. Tried everything, checked the tracking, fitted new track rod-ends, suspension top mounts, checked the brakes, steering rack, track rod inner joints, realigned the front subframe, checked the rear alignment , swapped the front wheels side to side, everything ! Nothing worked, it always continued to pull to the left which was really annoying on long journeys as it made your arms ache ! I finally solved the problem, in a moment of desperation....I changed the front tyres !!! There was nothing wrong with them, they were almost new and a reasonable make and the correct size for my car. I replaced them with another new pair of a different make and bingo ! my woes were completely over ! Might be worth swapping your front wheels with someone else just to see if this is causing you're particular problem as since I have done this I have found that the same problem has blighted some of my customers vehicles and has been solved the same way, strange but true !

wright_t5
Thursday 20th July 2006, 10:33
A lot of people have the pulling symptom, best trick for camber check is to drive on the "other" side of the road, obviously when the road is clear, or straddle the white line, if it a camber issue it should pull to the left, drive straight as you get to the white line, then pull to the right when you get over the line to the right side of the road.......

most other checks have already been suggested..... it's a lottery as to which one it is after checking the obvious....

GATHY
Thursday 20th July 2006, 17:51
driver error