t5tart
Friday 14th July 2006, 00:40
its happened again today
someone must know whats up
pulled in for petrol
get back in fired ...died....wouldnt sstart again

what the hell is going on
let it cool down a while and she started again

is there some sort of hot start sensor??

maybe idler air control valve
any ideas chaps
cause its driving me insane

and making me look a twonk at the pumps

Adge
Friday 14th July 2006, 08:43
Had something similar a while back. Mine would fire and die. Disconnect connection at airflow meter and reconnect. Dirty connection in my case!

Niles
Friday 14th July 2006, 14:24
my outside air temperature sensor wasnt replaced properly when i had my engine changed, i was told here that it has nothing to do with the ecu. I had the same hot start problem as you, so when i changed my pnp switch i also found & Relocated the outside air temp sensor. Hey presto! Problem gone!!! next time it happens check your dash outside temp, mine WAS reading 55c+! now its giving a sensible accurate reading all seems ok. Worth a look!

Phuturephantasy
Friday 14th July 2006, 16:17
Don't know if this is any help but I had a similar problem on my Honda Prelude which turned out to be the main fuel pump relay - Basically a dry solder joint - as the themperature rose the contact would expand just enough to pull apart slightly and hence no fuel. As it cooled the solder would contract ever so slightly and the connection would be remade. It wouldn't cut out whilst it was running but just wouldn't start again if you turned it off unless you left it for 30 mins or so to cool down.

t5tart
Saturday 15th July 2006, 01:34
thanks guys
have a spare fuel pump relay so i will try that
where is the outside temp sensor located??
is it the small black thing by the rad with a grey (like a light) connector going to it that i found todyay while looking for the fog lamp wires ??

Niles
Sunday 16th July 2006, 00:20
the temp sensor has a fitting that looks like a light fitting, I had to squeeze mine to the right side of the radiator through a teeny gap, take a look just under the front bumper just right of your number plate, I saw a 'u' shaped clip thingy, I placed mine in there & as I said before the plroblem bugered off and all seems ok for now. Before mine was under the bonnet reading (my guess) Under bonnet temperature. where ever i moved it to before it wasnt happy. Give it A LOOK. Ive had a couple of easy fix problems with my car that have give very dramatic improvements to my car. Example. My car was giving me a mpg average of 20mpg till i changed the pnp swithch, now im getting 28mpg. Daft little things that make a hell of a difference.

pault5
Sunday 16th July 2006, 10:06
had a problem a while back, car would cut out for no reason, ended up being the fuel pump itself.
i took the pump out, the wires inside had coroded from the terminals. a quick zap with a soldering iron and all is now well.
paul