PDA

View Full Version : Tracs button.

welshboy
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 22:47
Just a quick question.

I have the tracs button in my car. But when prssed. Nothing happens :confused: . No lights or nothing. Does this mean the button is there just for show.

thanks

tony

t5tart
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 22:49
lol
wouldnt worry about it
the tracs is useless anyway

Azza
Thursday 13th July 2006, 09:36
Mine lights up a light on the dashboard (i think! it's ages since i last pressed it!), the same light that comes on if i floor it around a bend that's a bit bumpy!

Azza

st1t5
Thursday 13th July 2006, 21:42
So am i correct in thinking that the light will automatically come on if the traction control engages ? .... (im not talking about when you switch it on manually)

pault5
Thursday 13th July 2006, 22:12
no i don't think it comes on when it engages. the light only comes on when you push the botton to turn it off. but as has been said it's a pretty useless piece of technology!
paul

Redbrick
Thursday 13th July 2006, 22:52
no i don't think it comes on when it engages. the light only comes on when you push the botton to turn it off. but as has been said it's a pretty useless piece of technology!
paul

Spot on, it's a chocolate tea pot. Only works up to 20mph IIRC. The ABS unit detects wheel spin and applies the brake to the spinning wheel to stop it spinning (that was a mouthful! lol).

Probably fitted so they could put in the brochure that it had traction control.

Azza
Friday 14th July 2006, 09:59
I'm pretty sure the light does come on when it engages, at least it does on mine!

Azza

S40 T4
Friday 14th July 2006, 11:40
For my S40, tracs is normally on. If it cuts in the light on the dash will flash. to turn tracs off (the bulb will be lit all the time) i need to press and hold the tracs button for a few seconds.

But last winter the blub belw and I could'nt tell if was on or off - its that good!

Azza
Friday 14th July 2006, 12:38
Yep, that's exactly what happens in mine too.

Azza

r7uss
Friday 14th July 2006, 17:40
traction control is always on if the light is off. to turn it off hold the button for a couple of seconds. when the light shows on the dash then the traction control is switched off. it automatically resets it everytime the ignition is switched off.
i notice the difference if i switch it off when i accelerate hard, it is smoother ride because its not cutting power.
having it switched on has got me out of a few situations, especially with standing water on the side of country roads when you've got your foot planted, kept me going in a straight line instead of spinning off the road. the light does flash when it is being applied, if you've got it switched on.

Andrew
Friday 14th July 2006, 18:05
Just a quick question.

I have the tracs button in my car. But when prssed. Nothing happens :confused: . No lights or nothing. Does this mean the button is there just for show.

thanks

tony

Check bulb or fuse.