PDA

View Full Version : Engine Management!

Big_Papa_T
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 14:58
Help!
When driving into work this afternoon my engine management light came on. I stopped immediately, stopped the engine and let it sit for about 30mins.
After restarting the light is still on! Can anyone tell me what the most common reasons are for this light coming on?
I'm also a bit worried about the trip home tonight, i need to travel about 70 miles to get back home, should i really be driving it?
Should have said it's a 1999 C70 T5 Auto.
Any help greatly appreciated!

T5ER
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 15:33
Could be numerous things mate to be honest get it booked in asap to find out why

Andrew
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 18:45
Help!
When driving into work this afternoon my engine management light came on. I stopped immediately, stopped the engine and let it sit for about 30mins.
After restarting the light is still on! Can anyone tell me what the most common reasons are for this light coming on?
I'm also a bit worried about the trip home tonight, i need to travel about 70 miles to get back home, should i really be driving it?
Should have said it's a 1999 C70 T5 Auto.
Any help greatly appreciated!

Lots of air leaks about lately... could be anything though - you won't know till your codes are read as to how serious it may or may not be. Where in the country are you ?

Big_Papa_T
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 20:54
Im in Scotland, stay not far from Glasgow and work in Edinburgh.

Big_Papa_T
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 21:38
Just checked my oil level and it appears to be very low, is it possible that this could cause the light to come on?

T5ER
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 21:44
could be worth a try if it has sensors for it or if the oil gets to hot