PDA

View Full Version : boost gauge

DONKEYT5
Thursday 31st March 2005, 18:02
has anyone got an idea how to fit a boost gauge on an me7, i believe it isnt too straighforward!im losing power somewhere and im looking to fit it to help me establish the problem!

SaffronC70
Thursday 31st March 2005, 18:33
Cut the small pipe on the right hand side of the manifold and connect a T-piece. Connect boost gauge to this - easy peasy !

There's a small gromit that goes into the engine bay from the drivers footwell - you can see it from the engine bay side.

Loosing power ? How many miles has your motor done ?

Chris

DONKEYT5
Thursday 31st March 2005, 18:43
it has done 116,000 miles, the power loss is when i accelerate, it goes, then holds back, goes holds,back and so on...........

SaffronC70
Thursday 31st March 2005, 18:46
Possibly lazy boost solenoid (about £40 odd) and/or dirty throttle module.

What's your idle like ?

Chris

DONKEYT5
Friday 1st April 2005, 02:51
my idle seems to be ok, doesnt seem to be fluctuating......im completely baffled, could it be the maf also?

DONKEYT5
Friday 1st April 2005, 16:52
hi there!! i have just bought a boost gauge to try and establish my power loss issues....i bought a cheapo one from halfords for now, to just work out the problem! i had no choice earlier to put crappy 95 ron petrol in her and she seems to be running better than previously, and when i think back to it, the problems started about 2 weeks ago, when i put a full tank of optimax in???!! it was flying then holding back much more severe? but i have filled her up twice since then, and problem has stayed?! :confused:
anyway, sorry to bore ya!
don!