PDA

View Full Version : Recieved my new Cd changer......

ammo1981
Tuesday 11th July 2006, 21:23
elo. I ordered a ALPINE CHAS624 6-CD Changer a few days ago and had it delivered this afternoon. I went to pull out the headunit (SC 901) and found the "CD" marked socket allready occupied by a cable. Ive looked under the seats and every where in the boot to see if i can find the other end. Have i missed a place or is it best i use the supplied wiring/cabling???
Also, with the cd changer came something that looks like a junction box with two wires hanging out. Apparently it needs to be connected to a power source. Where do i find that?

Paul
Tuesday 11th July 2006, 23:42
dont the multi changers go in the boot?

t5tart
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 00:25
yer changers usually go in the boot
look in the rear of the boot behind the carpeting try the electric areial side
that would be my first place to look

the junction is a noise reducer i reckon pover sourse can be picked up fronm the wiring loom on the passengerside of the car ..plenty of power there for the electris like areil

alpine cableing is of very good quality
no telling hwhat has been put in before i would re run it
but depends how easy an install you want
but should be easy enuff to tuck it under the carpet down the side of the doors

where did you want to mount the changer ??

kimbaleeg
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 19:47
elo. I ordered a ALPINE CHAS624 6-CD Changer a few days ago and had it delivered this afternoon. I went to pull out the headunit (SC 901) and found the "CD" marked socket allready occupied by a cable. Ive looked under the seats and every where in the boot to see if i can find the other end. Have i missed a place or is it best i use the supplied wiring/cabling???
Also, with the cd changer came something that looks like a junction box with two wires hanging out. Apparently it needs to be connected to a power source. Where do i find that?
ive recentley been thinking ov this my self and found the plug is occupied i looked in the boot passsenger side under carpet under electric ariel there was two connectors there ones defo the other end from radio but the other is a different connector this may help u alittle