PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Woes

-Nathan-
Tuesday 11th July 2006, 21:18
Evening all,

With a little investigation, my non functioning (from when I bought my C70 the other week) SC-901 stereo seems to have had its speaker/amp leads spliced for a specific JVC ISO connector.

I was thinking about buying a Volvo ISO lead off ebay and reverse engineering it if you will to make it fit back to the Volvo HU although I have decided against this as its all very confusing to me.

Also upon inspecting the amp something seems amiss IMO..
:wtf:

Please see the pictures

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7485/dscn08994oj.jpg

http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/6530/dscn08981ov.jpg

The difficulty of accessing the otherside of the amp makes checking it over and seeing where that sparelead goes puts me off, I can't fathom how I would get the amp out without bending the electric aerial :confused:

Also, it would appear everything is plugged into the stero as per usual, however in reality the thick, dark transparent plastic coated wires connected to this infamous JVC ISO connector seems to go to the amp in the boot, so what are the speaker connectors in the back of my stereo connected to!?!?

Yours Confused

Nathan

(Seriously, any suggestions very much appreciated, but bear in mind I want to keep the original HU - ta)

Vikingxl
Tuesday 11th July 2006, 22:11
You need Fraz or Mullet boy mate!

Paul
Tuesday 11th July 2006, 23:47
Yea fraz knows his stuff when it comes to SC901 :D

t5tart
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 00:33
seems to me like your original loom is still there for the speakers
now afew things could really be going on here
the retro fit amp has seperate wires to the speakers (maybe additional ones non volvo)
or has been spliced into the existing loom using the existing speakers

the original speaker conections may be hooked up to the original speakers or may have been chopped off as it were

best thing is to lift a speaker gill and see whats going on at the speaker see if its connected to the original wires or has a seperate set ....

if it was here could probably work it out
but seeing as limited info then hard to tell really

hard to tell without looking really

Baj
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 00:39
Reverse engineering the ISO should be easy.
Thr Grey, green, purple and white pairs are speaker wires.
Black is ground. Red and orange are perm live and switched live (check which is which).
Blue and yellow are usually leccy aerial and phone mute but cant remember which is which.
No idea what is in picture 2 so cant help there

t5tart
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 00:41
red perm live
orange ignition live
blue aerial / amp triger
yelow phone mute

generally any way lol

Baj
Wednesday 12th July 2006, 01:00
I have had a yellow as switched live before now!

-Nathan-
Saturday 15th July 2006, 11:41
Cheers guys

Evil Edna
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 09:41
All the previous owners done is swap the speaker wires into an iso block. Just take them out and fit them back into the "empty" block (one with the yellow wire only). Does the HU turn on at all? If you need assistance, ill pm you my number and im sure i could work it out for you.

Ev