PDA

View Full Version : Unknown bit - help needed?!?!

Cueball_MOB
Monday 10th July 2006, 15:48
HI all,

When I parked up yesterday I noticed the bit in the photo's sticking out from under the front bumper near to the drivers side front wheel.

As I've not got round to buying my Haynes manual yet and you may have noticed I'm not the most technical member of the forum (I spent over 30 mins in Halfords car park last weekend trying to get a rear brake light bulb in - the gaps too high for the fitting and you'd have to have the hands of an alien to reach down and twist the bulb holder back in!).

Can anyone recognise what the bit in the pic is?, is it important?, and more importantly - where should it go? (I've tucked it back in for now!).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers

Cue

T5ER
Monday 10th July 2006, 15:53
do you have front fog lamps and do they both work??? that said looking at the cable and due to it being bent in half and a cable tie i would think it is for something that you have not got fitted but other models may have

Cueball_MOB
Monday 10th July 2006, 15:55
Thanks for the reply.

I've not got front fog lamps but it is ex-plod. Could it be something left over from the lights they had fitted?

Cheers

Cue

T5ER
Monday 10th July 2006, 15:57
Thanks for the reply.

I've not got front fog lamps but it is ex-plod. Could it be something left over from the lights they had fitted?

Cheers

Cue

not sure mate but does look like genuine volvo plug and wiring,no good me checking mine as it is a 850 could do with someone checking ther V70 P2 if they have fogs fitted to see what colour the plug is on the back

Baj
Monday 10th July 2006, 16:03
Horn cable? Mine looked similar.

Cueball_MOB
Monday 10th July 2006, 16:05
Cheers Baj.

The horn's working fine, but the high beam doesn't work at the moment.

Cue

T5ER
Monday 10th July 2006, 16:06
lecy tester time then flick main beam on and then plug lecy tester in to see if there is a reading

Baj
Monday 10th July 2006, 16:06
2 horns

poochingaround
Monday 10th July 2006, 18:33
Ihave a 2001 ex plod which originally had redundant wiring all over the place some of which were connected and live .I have removed the majority .Suspect head lamp fault is connected to ex-plod wiring .

kimbaleeg
Monday 10th July 2006, 18:57
do you have front fog lamps and do they both work??? that said looking at the cable and due to it being bent in half and a cable tie i would think it is for something that you have not got fitted but other models may have
spot on mate the plod dont have them but r still wired for them as far as i know deffo looks like the fog light wires on my car see if u have another on the opposite side ov your car :biggrin:

chisai
Saturday 18th November 2006, 21:37
Windscreen washer pump cable maybe?
Chris

siamblue
Saturday 18th November 2006, 22:54
Thats your foogy connecter,

Storm-Troll
Saturday 18th November 2006, 23:05
not sure what they are matey, I got fog lights on my R but I also have one of those plugs on each side of the bumper,, Im guessing its to add more fogs or driving lights, they have never been used but I have two as well

Blewis
Sunday 19th November 2006, 00:17
Slightly hijacking the thread, but what are those alloys called, i kept meaning to ask? and is there any interest in a set of 5?

Paullyp
Sunday 19th November 2006, 00:37
Gambling man, check that you have lite wipers, if not, theses are the connections,P.