PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Probs

Bakey
Wednesday 20th October 2004, 11:25
Rite Guys & Gals shes here!!! :) I'm still not posting pics yet because shes an embarasment at the moment but its raining so mite take some external shots this afternoon.

when you gave me the list of things to look for the other week I think it was Dave that mentioned the "Sticky Throttle", never really noticed it originaly but after a good blast down the road last night its became quite noticably notchy, stiff and quite basically..... crap! any quick cure for this one or am i looking at replacement cables or worse?!?!?!

Bakey
Wednesday 20th October 2004, 19:21
hmmm thanks for all the help on that one!

Bakey
Wednesday 20th October 2004, 19:24
:eek:

Justin
Wednesday 20th October 2004, 19:39
Hi mate, sorry, been out, (mental note to self, dont go out when bakey asks questions):shifty:

Easiest cure is change the cable yes, will make a huge difference. :)

Bakey
Wednesday 20th October 2004, 19:50
:thewave:

Hehe only winding youz up!!! solved it anyway mate.... the pivot was FULL of cr@p due to the amount of cr@p in the footwells (and everywhere else!) Good clean up and grease up solved the problem, replaced the zorst today as well. Found it was fine on the underside but rotten on the top!!!! Turns out its an irish import lol

:thewave:

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 20th October 2004, 19:53
So your pleased with her then?

x

Bakey
Wednesday 20th October 2004, 20:14
over the moon! will be even better tomorrow when she gets her full valet and machine polish. Cant wait til friday though, going down to a dealer conf in Birmingham so i'm gona get a good chance to stretch her legs..... glad i've got the road angel mind

love the power, the drive, the comfort.... the list could go on and on!!! :wink:

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 21st October 2004, 00:28
Fancy a spot of lunch, if you are around at that time?

BTW I was off this afternoon too so I missed the question, earlier :hidesbehi

Justin
Thursday 21st October 2004, 08:16
Yeh what times lunch, Dave and i are in Brum!

Bakey
Thursday 21st October 2004, 12:18
lol would love to but will be at the Birmingham ThinkTank (whatever the hell that is!!!) for a Honda dealer conf...... might be able to sneak you in the backdoor for some free munchies tho :tongue:

Bakey
Thursday 21st October 2004, 12:21
wooooo would you look at that <-

I must have grown over night!!!!! (and i thawt that only happened in the morn when you need a pish :shifty: )

Justin
Thursday 21st October 2004, 14:31
Rotflmao.

I thought that was just me :wink:

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 21st October 2004, 14:55
wooooo would you look at that <-

I must have grown over night!!!!! (and i thawt that only happened in the morn when you need a pish :shifty: )

You've lost me (which aint difficult)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 21st October 2004, 14:58
lol would love to but will be at the Birmingham ThinkTank (whatever the hell that is!!!) for a Honda dealer conf...... might be able to sneak you in the backdoor for some free munchies tho :tongue:

The ThinkTank is a Millenium Point. It is very groovy science museumy type place.

I am going to the pub! BTW - some other time I hope?

Mrsmopp
Thursday 21st October 2004, 15:40
I am going to the pub! BTW - some other time I hope?

There better be some other time - we need to meet the man behind the Madness and paw over his new addition!

x

Bakey
Friday 22nd October 2004, 00:05
You've lost me (which aint difficult)

lol keep up!!!! :troutslap from junior member to just a plain owld member..... and then the talk turned to "Members" in general ! ! ! !

she got her warts removed and nails polished this aftaz and starting to look a million bucks. she had an odd alloy on the front (gun metal grey one)... off a T5 R i thinks?? the rest are silver and thought shed been kirbed at some point in time but found the other silver one in the back so have 4 silver and one gun metal fella?!?!?!?!?! god knows how that happened but am not complaining

anyways am off for a shower coz am still picking liquorish allsorts outa my crack from drivin her before she was cleaned.... this guy had 3 kids that should have been tied to the roof rack with bungie cords not let loose on those lurvaly leather seats! but the most worrying thing was the George Michael tape found in the digi..... :anmflower

Bakey
Friday 22nd October 2004, 00:08
There better be some other time - we need to meet the man behind the Madness and paw over his new addition!

x

hehe is the suspence killing you?!?!?! :wink:

Justin
Friday 22nd October 2004, 09:09
Rotf @ "still picking liquorish allsorts outa my crack":)