PDA

View Full Version : any ideas

marky 76
Sunday 9th July 2006, 17:01
hey all i,m a newbie here so go gentle ,,,had my t5 man estate for a few months now , i,m very happy with the car and the performance , however when the car is coming up on boost it starts to make a wierd noise like pinking but i dont think this is the noise ,,, it will start about 3 thou revs till about 4 4 and half thou revs ,and to compliment this noise the car will boost to a bar then drop back down to about .6 bar , i,m no mechanic by a long shot but i,m thinking maybe a duff actuator chatting and loosing the boost ,,,,, if anyone can help this would be great many thanx marky

Vikingxl
Sunday 9th July 2006, 17:03
Cant help with the problem but hello and welcome

thunderace
Sunday 9th July 2006, 17:19
me neither but hello and welcome - someone will know :)

Dacvolvo
Sunday 9th July 2006, 19:43
hey all i,m a newbie here so go gentle ,,,had my t5 man estate for a few months now , i,m very happy with the car and the performance , however when the car is coming up on boost it starts to make a wierd noise like pinking but i dont think this is the noise ,,, it will start about 3 thou revs till about 4 4 and half thou revs ,and to compliment this noise the car will boost to a bar then drop back down to about .6 bar , i,m no mechanic by a long shot but i,m thinking maybe a duff actuator chatting and loosing the boost ,,,,, if anyone can help this would be great many thanx marky
Interestng - if it's definitely booting and then suddenly dropping off whilst you're still accelerating then something’s either leaking/broken or the boost is higher than the engine can handle. Is it the standard wastegate actuator fitted to the car or any other modifications that you know of?

P.S. Welcome to the site ;)

marky 76
Sunday 9th July 2006, 22:36
hi and thanks for the welcomes ,,,as far as i can see the car is all std in the turbo area no mods there i also had the car on a dyno today just to see what she would do and to let the mechanic have a listen to the noise and to check over the boost problems ,,, i,m still none the wiser ,,,, however it did do 197bhp at flywheel and 164 at the wheels , the only mod as such that i have done is air filter and fitted a dawes device ,,,,,,