PDA

View Full Version : brakes

griffiths811
Saturday 8th July 2006, 22:44
My October '98 S70 2.5SE auto isgiving me grief! when i first got the car i noticed the brakes were a bit 'vauge' (the pedal travelled an awful lot before anything happened) i took it to my local garage and he suggested bleeding the brakes, this was done and the brakes were 95% better for around 2 days.... so off back to the garage i went.... we then swapped the master cylinder and re-bled the brakes and once again the brakes were noticably better... 2 days passed and they was back to how they were, with excessive pedal travel. I went back to see him at the garage and he scratched his head... i'm to go back on Monday and he's going to give the car a good look at, although he doesn't know what the problem is.
If I pump the pedal a couple of times i get lots of pedal pressure and decent brakes, does anyone here have any ideas what could be causing this problem?

All replies gratefully received!

Regards, Ray.

T5ER
Saturday 8th July 2006, 22:59
could be the abs pump mate

griffiths811
Sunday 9th July 2006, 07:59
how can we test the ABS pump?

griffiths811
Sunday 9th July 2006, 21:46
Ddoes nobody know what the problem might be? the car goes in tomorrow and i'd really like it to be the last time...... I'm at the garagr so much i'm having to make tea for eveyone......

t5tart
Sunday 9th July 2006, 21:59
isn't that what you are paying them for
to diagnose and fix the problem
i would say f they can't take it elsewhere

griffiths811
Sunday 9th July 2006, 22:02
just thought someone here could pinpoint the problem and save me a lot of time......