PDA

View Full Version : Engine Torque Bushing Upgrade

Bison
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 23:39
I understand that there are a replacement torque bushing available like this:

http://volvospeed.com/Pics/bushing1.jpg

Anyone replaced theirs? I don't want a nasty rubber one again if you have where did you get it from and what was the price?

Bison

rich850t5
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 23:41
Yeah i could do with one of them as well mines gone too

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 31st March 2005, 00:51
Don't forget to check the ones at the bottom as well

the underlord
Thursday 31st March 2005, 02:24
IPD USA (http://www.ipdusa.com)

siamblue
Thursday 31st March 2005, 05:28
Kalmar Union do them for £22.TOP MOUNT.

andi t5
Thursday 31st March 2005, 16:16
just be aware that although they will outlast the originals they also transmit a fair bit more through vibration etc to the car due to the more resiliant material and give it a harsher feel, for that reason i replaced mine with a o.e item

Bison
Friday 1st April 2005, 17:26
just be aware that although they will outlast the originals they also transmit a fair bit more through vibration etc to the car due to the more resiliant material and give it a harsher feel, for that reason i replaced mine with a o.e item

I don't think that will bother me as my suspension is lowered and harder than the original.

Why replace with O.E when you can have so much better!

Bison

Al115
Friday 1st April 2005, 18:44
That is true, but I have one and love the slightly growlier noise I get... I'd say it was a "positive" rather than a "negative".

Alastair

Pedro Fandango
Friday 1st April 2005, 18:55
i didn't notice any difference, but my exhaust does drown out erveything else :xmas2:

rich850t5
Sunday 3rd April 2005, 22:49
OK guys and girls what is the price of both items,the price differance will probably swing it for me cheers

Bison
Sunday 3rd April 2005, 23:45
Volvo Gloucester wanted £38 for OEM rubber bushing so I went for these in the end @ £23 inc delivery.

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/images/large_images/pff88_105_large.jpg

www.partsforvolvosonline.com/bushings (http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_23_38&products_id=2288)

Look nice in Blue as well.

Bison

Bracer
Monday 4th April 2005, 10:22
Yep a worth while mod IMHO ;)

steveT5
Monday 4th April 2005, 13:02
I have one of these on order, Came home from Avon and noticed that the original rubber bush had disintegrated and there was only a tiny bit of it left !!!
There has been a jolt when the auto box changes up for some time and i assumed it was the box. Hopefully the new bush will cure it.
I also used partsforvolvosonline, good service and speedy delivery in the past.

glock19
Monday 4th April 2005, 15:00
DYKT (did you know that) there's another side to this mounting ? Mine was broken at the firewall side and it's more costly compared to the above mentioned. You'll have to remove the air vent/well below the windscreen to remove/fix it. Either side would give you some unpleasant noise and feel when damaged.

steveT5
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 20:23
DYKT (did you know that) there's another side to this mounting ? Mine was broken at the firewall side and it's more costly compared to the above mentioned. You'll have to remove the air vent/well below the windscreen to remove/fix it. Either side would give you some unpleasant noise and feel when damaged.
That side seems ok mate. Its amazing how much they charge for a lump of rubber.

steveT5
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 20:28
That is true, but I have one and love the slightly growlier noise I get... I'd say it was a "positive" rather than a "negative".

Alastair
Dead right Aiastair it sounds great. fitted mine tonight she now sounds mean as hell. the gear changes are much smoother and more instant if that makes sense ?
A definite thumbs up for this mod.

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 10:19
I have to admit I got mine from Don :hidesbehi

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/639000-639999/639353_142_full.jpg

:tank:

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 10:35
Hmmmmmmm I think you lot may have talked me into this......Any offers of a fitter LOL

x

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 10:37
I am as always, your humble servant :hail:

:ukliam2:

:whatever:

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 10:38
DAVE :hilarious

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 10:39
I am as always, your humble servant :hail:

:ukliam2:

:whatever:

LOL!! Love you!!! :remybussi :hug:

(I'll get em ordered!)

x

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 11:02
I think I might join you - can you get one for me please as well missus!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 11:08
I think I might join you - can you get one for me please as well missus!

No problem will order now! :beer:

x

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 11:12
Hmmmmmmm I think you lot may have talked me into this......Any offers of a fitter LOL

x

Nat failing Dave being unable to perform, give me a shout, I'll happly come round and slip it in for you :eye-poppi

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 11:18
Nat failing Dave being unable to perform, give me a shout, I'll happly come round and slip it in for you :eye-poppi

:shockedbi LMSO!! I'll hold you to that one of these days Racer Bracer ;) :remybussi :shhh:

Dave - Just before I press confirm for the order are you happy to pay £20??

x

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 11:21
Hit that Button BABY!

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 11:25
Hit that Button BABY!

Cheap at twice the price hey Dave :biggrin:

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 09:47
Arrived this morning!!

x