PDA

View Full Version : T5 Clutch

manxT5
Thursday 6th July 2006, 23:37
T5 V70 Est, 2000 model, 90K miles
Bought at 70K - clutch seems to be getting worse - graunchy feel thro pedal when pulling away in 1st - especially notice it on hill starts - Volvo has quoted a rediculous sum for a new clutch - and maybe it doesn't even need one (could be something else?)
Can anyone help....
1) Is 90K an expected time for a new clutch on this model ? (70K in 3yrs - motorways etc now 3 yrs of fairly short trips and low mileage)
2) How much should it cost (parts? hours labour)
3) Should I replace other parts (eg slave cyclinder) as advised by volvo whilst the car is in bits - subframe off I understand ?
4) Any other advice
Thanks!!:)

t5tart
Thursday 6th July 2006, 23:39
yes i did the slave cyl at the same time as clutch
mind you was the slave cyl that went pop cause the clutch bearing was going
also do the rear main seal at the same time

clutch labour is expensive i had mine done last year cost £700 ish

manxT5
Thursday 6th July 2006, 23:50
Thanks t5tart - do you mean rear crank oil seal or a.n.other rear seal I should know about - I'm planning to get this work done by a 'reliable' non-volvo garage so I'd like to give them as many clues as poss - not too happy with my local volvo dealer after 1K bill last year for a black box and an attitude with it.....and now staring down the barrel at a 1.2K bill for this lot plus humble pie if I go back there....yikes.

t5tart
Thursday 6th July 2006, 23:52
yer the rear crank seal
always a good time to fix it
as you dont want that labour bill again
may be a good time to check the pcv system too just to make sure nothing i s blocked

manxT5
Friday 7th July 2006, 08:28
pcv system :confused: what's that?! (I'll get the hang of it eventually :snail: )

t5tart
Friday 7th July 2006, 09:32
its the crankcase breather system

manxT5
Friday 7th July 2006, 10:35
Thanks - will post my progress.....