PDA

View Full Version : new feed to air box

baba850r2006
Thursday 6th July 2006, 20:51
hi you guys im intrested in modding my air box and was wondering if any of yous could shed any light as to the best way and material to use?where to position it etc?thanks

Dacvolvo
Thursday 6th July 2006, 21:56
hi you guys im intrested in modding my air box and was wondering if any of yous could shed any light as to the best way and material to use?where to position it etc?thanks

Honestly? Don't touch it - replace the element in it with a performance filter and that's it.

Whatever you do, don't put an induction kit on it - induction kits will only work if they're in a sealed unit (with a cold air pipe to the outside of the car), er... just like the air box that's standard on your car. If the induction kit's not in a sealed unit, then it'll just draw hot air into your engine - even if you do put hoover piping from your front bumper directly to the cone of the induction kit.

Or, if you're thinking about just increasing the cold air intake into your standard air box - take a headlight out and using toilet drainage piping, do it track style. ;)

T5SLAVE
Friday 7th July 2006, 00:19

Hey m8y,

If ur keepin the std box and filter I would agree with Dacvolvo, leave it alone...period.

However...if ur thinkin of gettin reet down n dirty and r gonna b changin many elements of the induction setup I would recommend some high quality sheilding using good 'ole fashion steel, or if pennies aint a problem carbon fibre, this includes the ductin too!

This induction thing has been discussed on here b4 (have a look using the search tool) and always brings about interestin thoughts both for and against the full on BIG noise cone setups!

Induction kits DO work, u just have 2b prepared 2 put the effort in2 ur setup, b aware of the "potential" pitfalls and b prepared 2 only really notice a HUGE difference in the sound n visual aspect of ur under bonnet shernanigans!!! When/If setup properly induction kits WILL increase HP and torque, just dont expect miracles dude.
L8rs
Mark.

Dacvolvo
Friday 7th July 2006, 00:50
Induction kits DO work, u just have 2b prepared 2 put the effort in2 ur setup. When/If setup properly induction kits WILL increase HP and torque.
Exactly

:haha: