PDA

View Full Version : flat spot and some new hoses

markt4
Thursday 6th July 2006, 09:58
the car now seems to have some flat spots after ive changed gear . never use to. was thinking of changing all the hoses? will that make any difference? i dont think the car has ever reached its full potential since ive had it (135 on private road max) any one know who sells the blue hoses for my car? also (sorry another question) this wastegate thingy me bob...if i tighten that up will that give a better respone and how do i do it, and lol where is it at? the car is fitted with a dv so can i tighten that thingy up????
sorry for being thick

grumpybob
Thursday 6th July 2006, 12:52
Hi

Don't know about the flat spot or wastgate but for the Samco hoses then I would try Demon Tweeks or Bayley Motorsport if you need them in a hurry as they stock most of the kits produced. Samco are notoriously slow to produce kits so unless you are prepared to wait then try them, they may be slightly dearer but hey ho. Alternativley you can try Parts for Volvos online and I think there is a seller on e-bay as well.

HTH

Bob

markt4
Saturday 8th July 2006, 08:10
thanks grumpy

TwistedSanity
Saturday 8th July 2006, 12:28
i spent loadsa money renewing the ignition system etc. The biggest difference was when i replaced the dump valve with a new one, how old is yours? if it has no allen bolts in the head to seperate the two halves then it is at least 6 years old, new one was about £80 on flea bay, helluva difference

LeeVTi
Sunday 9th July 2006, 01:04
i have had the same sort of thing and i found that i had an exhaust leak, but the leak was in two places, if you remove the engine cover and the heat shield directly above the turbo, you will see where it bolts to the exhaust manafold and to the down pipe, any traces of carbon on the heat shield will say that there is a leak, and as these 2 joints are gasket less only thing you can do is paste them up, unless you want to take it all apart and clean them up, however after a bit of paste around the leaks, flat spot cured, good as new