PDA

View Full Version : 850 T5R estate - Whats it worth?

Daz T5
Tuesday 29th March 2005, 21:27
850 T5R estate 1996 P reg, metallic grey 157,000 miles with history, 3 owners and in excellent condition considering the milage, what's she worth?

Andrew
Tuesday 29th March 2005, 22:06
850 T5R estate 1996 P reg, metallic grey 157,000 miles with history, 3 owners and in excellent condition considering the milage, what's she worth?

Be clear on which model you have - it won't be a T-5R as they where only made on a N/M plate 95-96 and not in grey. It's likely it's a 850R and with that mileage 3k maybe a bit more.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 29th March 2005, 23:49
top end 3.5K - 4K depending on condition. At that miles and I should know - suspension if it is not done will be well buggered. Cosmetics are so-so important - wear on seat covers. The engines are generally very good, but gearboxes - you need to check (not saying they can't do it) some make it better than others. You want loads of receipts or a complete service history - make sure you can find the "Ovlov".

Still T5R is a limited edition and high mileage is not always a bad thing. You just need to be aware that it might take a few quid to get her on spec.

My best advice is to always look at the car and put aside £1000 to make good. The technical and friendly advice on this forum is worth all the money.

Finally think on this - what else are you gonna get for that kinda money? Certainly not 240bhp!!

Daz T5
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 19:59
Just to confirm, it's an 850R and it's registered in 1997 not 1996. Thanks for the advice,I've had a couple of S70 T5's and V70T5, but wasn't sure about the 850's and especially the R version. I was never really struck on the shape of the 850, thought they were very 'boxy', but the R's look a bit of an animal! From what you've said Dave the car is in exceptional condition, bodywork A1, no rips or tears in the interior and FVSH.
I'm off to buy it tonight!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 23:55
850R is still quite special and about right for that cash. You didn't say about transmission?

I hope she turns out well for you mate. Let us have some pics when you can. Any probs then let us know - I am sure we'll be happy to help.

Andrew
Thursday 31st March 2005, 14:18
850R is still quite special and about right for that cash. You didn't say about transmission?

I hope she turns out well for you mate. Let us have some pics when you can. Any probs then let us know - I am sure we'll be happy to help.

Agreed - the only real difference (apart from a bit of bhp on standard machines) is the T-5R is limited edition which bumps the price up.