PDA

View Full Version : No guts....

fraz13
Monday 3rd July 2006, 15:34
A was out this moring, cars running great, gave it welliy a few times and it was sweet, boosting to 17psi as normal

I had parked it up for 5 mins and when a pulled away there was hardly anything, I have checked on the gauge and it only seems to bee boosting to 6 or 7psi

Any ideas? A had a wee look and all pipes including the elbow look fine.....

It feels flat and struggling to go to 3k RPM

arbee
Monday 3rd July 2006, 15:42
defo sounds like a leaky pipe to me.

Vikingxl
Monday 3rd July 2006, 16:08
Have you tried changing the driver?

Engineer
Monday 3rd July 2006, 18:44
What's your dump valve doing, check it! or could be she knows your looking else where for fun and just being a tempremetal female lol. :lol:

T5ER
Monday 3rd July 2006, 18:46
does it seem to cough and fart at the low rev range mate could even be MAF sensor or if its ME7 the other jobby ££££ing about

SaffronC70
Monday 3rd July 2006, 18:50
Agree with Engineer, your dump valve spring may have become worn and leaking boost until you hit 3k?

You having the loverly hot weather in your parts ?

Chris

lance
Monday 3rd July 2006, 19:44
I put my money on leaky boost, its bloody dificult to get to those elbows in this heat mind,
Mind you it could be some kind of Limp Safety mode.
This hot weather makes them feel slower, I got stuck in a jam for 40 mins today and temp hit 42 and my aircons knackered till thursday.

fraz13
Monday 3rd July 2006, 22:32
Cheers 4 the replies guys...

Well it deffo aint the DV, its been out for over a week.....

Im sure its a vac leak as well as it stutters on idle now n then like the air con comin on n off and its also got a huge flat spot around 4k rpm

Anyhoo it seems to have cleared what ever it was earlier and its back to normal again, boosting to 17psi although still as described above

t5tart
Monday 3rd July 2006, 23:01
sounds very similar to mine at the weekend ...that as we all know was the maf

TwistedSanity
Tuesday 4th July 2006, 06:37
I had exactly the same problem after sitting in traffic for 20 mins, the excessive heat seized the dump valve piston half way, sorted itself out when i started moving after 10 mins, and the dump valve is only a week old