PDA

View Full Version : Sunrrof, can anyone help ?!!!

The Flying Banana
Sunday 2nd July 2006, 17:23
All, i am getting my roofling redone in black suede, alcantara, amaretta (whatever I get hands on !!) roof lining is out but how the f*** do you get the sunroof blind out? I cannot see for the life of me how it comes out ... does the whole sunroof need to be stripped out ..couple of pics attached but i sure you know what i mean ...any help ????? PLeeeeese!!!!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dan13l247/VolvoroofSmall.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dan13l247/Volvoroof2Small.jpg

T5ER
Sunday 2nd July 2006, 17:26
have you got a paynes manual mate ???? might be something in there

JUDGENINJA
Monday 3rd July 2006, 00:18
Mine looks like a complete unit. It wouldn't suprise me if you don't have to remove it completely to get access to the required screws..

elvispriceley
Thursday 6th July 2006, 23:32
If you set the glass in the raised position you will see a trim strip on each side of the roof directly under the glass covering all the linkages, these are hinged at the front and to remove them slide them back. they clip on three pegs that stick inwards from the linkage.
Once these are off you will see 3 torx screws each side (large pan heads) undo these and slide glass about an inch back to remove it from its key hole locators. Lift the glass out the top, slide the blind fwd and you will see the catches each side that sit in a track, push these inwards and lift the blind out through the cut out.
you can refit the glass without the blind. May need a second person to help align roof again bit its only a 10 minute job and setting the roof up is easy.
To save you reading all my waffle check this link or copy and paste into a search engine:

http://www.volvospeed.com/Repair/sunroof.php

Cheers

Graham

The Flying Banana
Friday 7th July 2006, 01:04
Graham..you are an absolute star!!! I did see these strips as i put the roof up to see if it was like a Ford set up and able to lift it out but gave up cos i wasnt sure if they came out !! If it was still light i would be out now doing it ..... cheers mate !!!

elvispriceley
Monday 10th July 2006, 00:20
Banana,

i have a bad rattle, maybe youcould help me, if you could post a piccy of the area at the back edge of the cars roof when you have the glassout so i can see if there is a gutter type thingy sat above the blind kinda like the view on one of the Bay13 pictures as mine seems to have gone severely rearwards

The Flying Banana
Monday 10th July 2006, 00:27
DOH ! Have had the roof out and back in to day to get the blind out !! I will take it back out 2moro tho and get some pics for you !

elvispriceley
Monday 10th July 2006, 17:31
No way, dont go to all that trouble, all i need to know is if there is a pressed steel arch like gutter that the blind slides under and the roof goes above, Im just fishing for confirmation of what i think it should be like.
Thanks for the offer but please....wow there save yourself a job