PDA

View Full Version : Touch up

bubba_1986
Friday 30th June 2006, 20:11
Cant belive it, accidently tap wall the night in ma c70, thought was full locked as stopped for a second and scrapped drivers side of front bumper.

Off work in 2 weeks so will get fixed then, but until the now gonna wet and dry and touch up lines with touch up stick.

Question is that dunno how much will cost from dealer, or will anyone on hear be able to provide me with one

I feel like a right tit

Bubba :(

Tomcat
Friday 30th June 2006, 20:36
If its any consolation I spent two weeks colour coding my bodywork and then within the first month I managed to drag the n/s corner of the front bumper along a wall!!!. Needless to say I'm a tad anoyed at myself, your probably looking at about £100 for a bodyshop to respray it for you. All depends how bad it is and wether they have to respray the whole bumper or just part of it.

Vikingxl
Friday 30th June 2006, 20:41
Well it has to happen sooner or later and it doesnt sound too bad!Forgot to say before thanks for letting me loose in your car at the bbq how close was that cone?lol

fraz13
Friday 30th June 2006, 21:53
Bubba try a company called Paint Technik Tel: 07778 163154 Im sure his names Brian..... He will repair without painting the whole bumper.

Get the paint code and Halfrauds will make you a touch up or spray if you wanna DIY

Mrsmopp
Friday 30th June 2006, 22:00
Your in good comapny chick, I'd had my T5 for about a week and pulled round the back of the house to park infront of the garage and caught the wheel arch on a metal pole......Worse than that tho, I'd done the same thing about 2 weeks before in my 850!!! Dammit!!

x

After_Shock
Friday 30th June 2006, 22:01
As Fraz says phone a touch up bloke, will be loads in the local directory.

Should get it done for under £50, might not be 100% perfect but will be 95% and you wont be able to tell.

arbee
Friday 30th June 2006, 23:10
touch in first, then a very fine wet and dry, and then a cut/polish - should look acceptable :)

bubba_1986
Saturday 1st July 2006, 00:05
Well it has to happen sooner or later and it doesnt sound too bad!Forgot to say before thanks for letting me loose in your car at the bbq how close was that cone?lol

Yeah tell me about it, some driving that was. What a great weekend

Gonna see to bumper the morra am gutted as got to pay road tax aswell

Bubba

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 1st July 2006, 00:19
I have used the touch up kit from Volvo but only on really small chips/rubs e.g. stone chips and trailing door edges. If it is really bad then sadly respray of somekind is the only way

fraz13
Saturday 1st July 2006, 00:37
Come over to mine on Sunday and you can have a go at it while masel n Dave repair and paint my wheels a nice dark colour lol

Vikingxl
Saturday 1st July 2006, 07:03
Come over to mine on Sunday and you can have a go at it while masel n Dave repair and paint my wheels a nice dark colour lol
Sounds like a great offer there mate and you even get a day out as well!

bubba_1986
Saturday 1st July 2006, 11:16

Is Wobbly gonna be at yours on sunday then ?

Bubba

fraz13
Saturday 1st July 2006, 11:20
Na man Dave the Re-trimmer ;)

bubba_1986
Saturday 1st July 2006, 14:03
Na man Dave the Re-trimmer ;)

awww thought wobbly was gonna be paying you a vist, got a quote to get repaired today, 75 quid

Gonna get done when off work in 2 weeks

Bubba