PDA

View Full Version : turbo oil return pipe

pdwb
Friday 30th June 2006, 17:38
hello everyone, i am having probs stopping oil coming out of the return pipe at the block end when i boot my s60 t5 and race others, i dont have any probs if i keep it gentle and dont race her around but when i dump my foot down for more than 15/20 mins on the motorway i get the smoke pour out the wheel arch when i stop, have had it up in the air and volvo told me its the flat band O ring at the bottom, i got one, which is different to the part i took out but volvo tech said its the replacement for the part in question. seems ok some days but i still had some smoke the other day after the new one was fitted....... starting to become a real pain in the arse as i cant race the focus ST's when they fly up behind me....... has anyone else had an oil leak prob from that part that didnt seem to want to go away before !!!!!!!!

T5ER
Friday 30th June 2006, 17:40
hello everyone, i am having probs stopping oil coming out of the return pipe at the block end when i boot my s60 t5 and race others, i dont have any probs if i keep it gentle and dont race her around but when i dump my foot down for more than 15/20 mins on the motorway i get the smoke pour out the wheel arch when i stop, have had it up in the air and volvo told me its the flat band O ring at the bottom, i got one, which is different to the part i took out but volvo tech said its the replacement for the part in question. seems ok some days but i still had some smoke the other day after the new one was fitted....... starting to become a real pain in the arse as i cant race the focus ST's when they fly up behind me....... has anyone else had an oil leak prob from that part that didnt seem to want to go away before !!!!!!!!

Hi mate there is a green o-ring and a gasket both should be replaced

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 30th June 2006, 18:20
Should av bought mine instead lol, still enjoy yer Sat Nav while yer on the AA Truck.

pdwb
Sunday 9th July 2006, 13:45
well i have sorted it out.......... have done around 1000 miles aweek over the past few months, been up to scotland and back many times. still does 160 and guess what............ no more oil leak......... all sorted........ and yours is over priced for what i wanted so there........... and only girls and poofs need sat nav................

DONKEYT5
Sunday 9th July 2006, 13:54
well i have sorted it out.......... have done around 1000 miles aweek over the past few months, been up to scotland and back many times. still does 160 and guess what............ no more oil leak......... all sorted........ and yours is over priced for what i wanted so there........... and only girls and poofs need sat nav................
LOL

Dacvolvo
Sunday 9th July 2006, 19:47
race the focus ST's!!!
Good Man ;)