PDA

View Full Version : V70 T5r 4wd ??????

Markzx
Friday 30th June 2006, 14:40
Is there such a car. I'm told that a friend of a friend has just such a car on a 55 plate.

I thought only the T6R was 4WD and the V70 with the pumped up suspension and big plastic bumpers am I wrong?

Baj
Friday 30th June 2006, 15:28
You are I think.
Its AWD not 4WD butI dont think there is a lot of difference.

I await correction

EDIT: Volvo list the 2.5T as AWD not the R.
http://www.volvocars.co.uk/models/v70/which/Variant/#item7
Again I await clarification from the nerds

T5ER
Friday 30th June 2006, 16:15
they did do a AWD R version,the difference between AWD and 4WD is that the volvo AWD is in permenant and 4Wd is selectable(on nearly all vehicles) or something like that anyway LOL hope this helps

Engineer
Friday 30th June 2006, 16:46
Volvo don't make a 4wd vehicle (unless you count military vehicles etc.) they are all permanent AWD without a centre diff unlike the Scooby or Mitso which are permanent 4WD with a centre diff. Part time 4WD being the type Wayne mentioned. :)

siamblue
Friday 30th June 2006, 16:56
Volvo don't make a 4wd vehicle (unless you count military vehicles etc.) they are all permanent AWD without a centre diff unlike the Scooby or Mitso which are permanent 4WD with a centre diff. Part time 4WD being the type Wayne mentioned. :)

came in handy yesterday when i went off roading, well impressed on the gravel and grass i was playing around :daisy:

T5ER
Friday 30th June 2006, 17:13

Ta new somebody could explain it better LOL